Chapter 18

Maria POV .

I woke up on the couch . It's 5:32 am , my phone says . Where's Luke ? I sat up and looked on the coffee table and saw the 5SOS book open and writing in it . I grabbed the book and read what he wrote .

Dear Maria ,
First off Goodmorning love . Sorry you woke up without me but we had to go and do some band stuff today... wow that sounds weird . Just to remind you we didn't have sex If that is what you concluding. But uhm yea I'm sorry . I hope you have a wonderful day ! Stay safe . Maybe we can hang out later, as friends. Bye .
                                   -Luke Hemmings

Uhm okay . Did I just get friend zoned on paper ? Maybe I should text him ... Maybe .

Wait SHIT SHIT SHIT ! TODAY IS HARRY'S FUNERAL!!!!!!

I ran off the couch and into Cameron's room and he was already up with his suit on . And I just barged in . Awkward.

"Oh Hey .. " I leaned against the door frame.

"Goodmorning Maria , I thought you would be dressed already . "

"Oh I am .. Uh about to . I thought you brought home a girl . Is she in the closet ? "

"Oh yeah I did . I drove her home a few minutes ago . " He grabbed his shoes and other things and put it in his bag .

"You left ? "

"Yeah , I did . I also drove Luke to his hotel . Did you see his note ? "

"Yeah , I did . You made him friend zone me ? "

"No , why would I do that ? I was hoping for love , magic and happiness for you too . Now please go get dress we got a 6 hour drive ahead of us . " He pushed me out and closed his door .

Why is he so calm ? I'm pissed he brought home a girl . I mean I thought we had something.. But yet I brought home a boy . But they had sex . Well maybe he thought me and Luke had something so he backed off . Ugh ! Now I'm on my way to my brother's funeral. I'm dreading seeing his lifeless body. Then my slowly dying father . Then my old friends. Life sucks right about now .

I took a quick shower . Left my hair wet and wavy . Put on a slim black dress with some black flats. Some dark makeup and waterproof mascara. I looked at myself . I look decent. I grabbed my phone , charger , headphones , wallet and a extra pair of clothes . I went downstairs. It was still dark considering it's really early .

I towards the car and Cameron was on the phone . He hung up as soon as I got in the car .

"Who was that ? "

"Kaitlin."

"Who's that ? "

"Friend"

"Fuck buddy ? "

"Not really "

"Are you mad ? "

"Look Maria it's really early and I'm tired please shush. Go back to sleep put on your headphones I don't care. Just don't talk . "

I rolled my eyes and laid back and looked out the window . I saw him pull unto the highway and soon fell asleep to the hum of the car .

Cameron POV .

I felt bad when I brought Kaitlin home . So when we got to my room and she started to suck on my neck I instantly sobered up . I pushed her off . I gave her some Advil and laid her down . I let her sleep in my bed and I slept on the floor.

I'm not gonna be that low down . I'm not gonna make Maria jealous this way . I won't go back to being that selfish low down dick I was before . I will not . When it was 4am I took her home . I saw Luke on the couch and offered him a ride . He said yeah and wrote a message in that book he gave her . He told me that he's sorry to stay this long . And he is sorry if the lead Maria on . He said he's touring and stuff and he can't date and he felt something for her but he know he can't . So he apologized and told me to tell Maria . I said I would but I don't know been considering she may be mad at me if she saw me when I came in with Kaitlen . So when she barged in my room this morning I was happy to see her . But when she brought up the girl I was pissed that she can bring someone and not let me assume but I can't and she just go assuming. So I caught an attitude. Then when she got in the car I was even more pissed . I called Kaitlen to tell her sorry for bringing her into this mess and she said it was okay . And said thanks for bringing her home safely  . But it was too early  to start an argument with Maria so I told her to basically shut up .