One Word At A Time: Jumpsuit X Reader

The atmosphere in the apartment was warm and quiet. The only thing that broke the silence was your words as you read a book out loud to your masked boyfriend, Jumpsuit.

You laid in his lap, the book you were reading held in the air as you read to him. He enjoyed listening to you read, watching your eyes slowly scan each line. He was mesmerized by how calm you looked. It's one of his favorite activities to do with you.

One hand rested on your stomach, feeling each breath you took as it rose and fell below his hand. The other hand played with your hair, rolling the ends of one lock at a time between his fingers, skillfully.

"'It looked like an experiment gone terribly wrong - something from a nightmare. Part animal, part machine, the Griever rolled and clicked along the stone pathway. Its body resembled a gigantic slug, sparsely covered in hair and glistening with slime, prultesquely grosating-'' You read, tripping over the last two words you said, basically jumbling them together. You blew a raspberry as you messed up the sentence, going to start it over.

Your head shook as Jumpsuit silently laughed, his stomach shaking your head. You laughed as well, putting the book down on your chest as you waited for the shakes to subside.

"Don't make fun of me." You smiled, looking up at him.

He shrugged, his eyes smiling down at you, in a 'Why not?' sort of way.

"I'm the one reading, not you. You don't talk." You smiled, tapping his mask where his mouth would be.
He reached over to the side table, picking up his notepad, scribbling some words onto its surface before turning it to you.

"It's BECAUSE I don't talk, that I don't have that issue. I win." It read.

"Smart ass." You roll your eyes with a smile. "I wanna see you try to read while you're being watched."

He raised an eyebrow at you before flipping to the next page of his notepad, scribbling some more words. He turned it to you, his eyes beaming.

"Do I make you nervous?" He smirked under his mask as you read it.

"No... Not necessarily." You looked to the side, your cheeks hot.

He laughed again, his stomach rocking your head back and forth once more.

"Stop laughing at me!" You pouted, your face turning redder as you looked up at him.

That only made him laugh more, making you sit up.

You closed your book, folding your arms over your chest, your face hot as you pouted.

You knew he stopped laughing when he exhaled deeply, calming himself down, and it wasn't long after that, that he had put his arms around you. He tucked his face into the back of your neck. His version of an apology.

"You're an ass..." You mutter.

He leaned away for a minute. You heard the flipping of paper and then pencil scribbling. He wrapped his arms around you again, his notepad in front of you now.

"Babe, you're adorable. Plus, you love this ass." It read.

You started to laugh, trying to cover it up to make it sound like you were clearing your throat. But Jumpsuit wasn't stupid and you knew that.

He gave you a squeeze and laughed silently behind you, encouraging your laughter to come out, which it did.

You two laughed for a good moment, enjoying each other's company.

"Alright giggles-" You laughed as he pinched you lightly for the nickname. "Let's get back to our book, yeah?" You looked back at him.

He nodded gleefully, sitting straight, letting you lay back onto his lap.

You laid down and his fingers found your hair again. You looked up at him with love and he did the same to you before encouraging you to start.

You picked up the book again, opening it to the page where you left off. You found the line again and began to recite once more.

"Its body resembled a gigantic slug, sparsely covered in hair and glistening with slime, prultesquely grosating-"

You fumbled the sentence again.

Jumpsuit's free hand clapped over his mask where his mouth would be as his body quaked with silent laughter.

"You know what I think we're done with this book for now." You groaned, your face hot with embarrassment, as you shook with Jumpsuit's laughter, watching him fail to compose himself.