6

Weeks passed in a blur and most of the remaining days of our vacation were spent preparing for college although Caelum and I would still hang out occasionally. He has finally decided to enroll in Pleiades University. Gladly, both of us were able to successfully pass the application process.

During our first few days in the university, it was often just Caelum and I who would eat together in the cafeteria. Until I eventually met this warm, sweet, and cheeky girl in my Communications subject who'd always forget her notes and borrow mine. Her name is Avery. I just find myself one day already laughing and talking about random stuff with her, from celebrity crushes to societal issues and even the most trivial things in life. One time, I invited her for lunch because she said that she didn't have anyone to keep her company.

"Aish! It's that easy for you to replace me?" Caelum said, jokingly holding his chest as if it was hurting.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Oh c'mon, Cae. She doesn't have that many friends."

Avery stood beside me with a puppy look in her eyes.

"Alright, I'll just leave then," her shoulders dropped, and was ready to leave.

"I'm just kidding," Caelum said.

"I know! I'm just kidding too!" Avery exclaimed.

They both laughed.

I just shook my head. These two!

"You seriously think I'll leave my baby Sky," Avery jokingly said, pulling me into a hug. Caelum's brows subtly furrowed.

"What baby? He's mine," Caelum said pulling me away from Avery.

They both laughed again. I know that they're both just joking with each other but I felt blood filling my cheeks because of what Caelum said. He's mine. I'm his?

I could feel my heart racing in my chest. No! I could not. He's just a friend.

"I'm just going to order our food. You guys want anything?" Caelum asked.

"I'll have a taco and a Vanilla Cinnamon Latte, please. Thank you" Avery said smilingly.

"I'll have the usual," I said. "Lasagna and Blueberry Matcha Latte."

"Oh! That your favorite or something?" Avery asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

Caelum smiled before leaving.

"Are you guys boyfriends?" Avery asked a few moments after Caelum left. My eyes widened and I almost got choked by the water I was drinking.

"What?" I exclaimed. "No, we're not. We're just friends."

I shook my head frantically and waved my hands in front of me. Caelum and me? Boyfriends? It would still be long before that happens. No! That doesn't sound right. It will never happen.

"But you like him," Avery said.

This girl!

"I do not!" I exclaimed. She just laughed at my reaction.

"Then why are you blushing again?" she asked. I held my cheeks and I could certainly feel the hotness from them. Is it really obvious that I was blushing?

Does that mean that I really like Caelum? But I can't. We can't.

We're both guys.

"What are you guys talking about?" Caelum's voice interrupted me from my thoughts. He placed the tray of our food on the table as he sat beside me. Avery and I exchanged glances before she spoke. I could feel that deep inside, she was already laughing.