Late Night Ocean View

There was a thud against the window beside her bunk and Annabeth wasn't quite sure if it was real or not. Until it sounded again. Followed by a whispered: "Annabeth."

She knew that voice. She was angered by that voice half of the time. The other half – well, the other half of the time she spent with its owner she felt weak at the knees, awkwardly self-conscious and doubted herself. Annabeth NEVER doubted any child of Athena, let alone herself. But the moronic son of Poseidon made her feel simultaneously inadequate and immortal.

"Annabeth." The soft tenor sounded again, paired with a not-so-subtle tap against the window above her head.

Reluctantly Annabeth rolled from the confines of her blankets, knowing that if the boy continued the entire Athena cabin would awake to rivals fraternising, and the entire camp would have a field day. Annabeth hurriedly sought the jacket she had worn the day before from her desk, pulling it tight against her frame, zipping it in the hopes of hiding her pyjama shirt, fully aware that her skin tight leggings would do nothing in the way of keeping away the cold.

She ripped open the cabin door. "What?" she hadn't meant to whisper so angrily at him. And as soon as she saw his smirk, the gratefulness in his eyes, she wished she hadn't been. She also wished she was wearing some form of actual clothing. She also wanted to be wearing some form of makeup to hide her blemishes, she had begun wearing the faintest hints of foundation and mascara when he had begun staying full-time at Camp Half-Blood, even though she had always sworn off the stuff. It was probably a left over from Drew's charmspeak, the one that had possessed her to dye her hair. At least, Annabeth wasn't ready to acknowledge the other possibility.

"Are you cold?" was the first thing that escaped Percy's lips. Annabeth found it infuriating that he didn't just say what his purpose was.

"Of course I'm cold, it's past midnight." She snapped, tiredness laced within her whisper.

And of course, Percy smirked, he always smirked at this point. It was tradition. "My cabin's warm."

Annabeth followed him, walking beside him mostly. She was fully aware of how this situation looked, but they hadn't been caught in six months, whenever they did this, they did it well. "If that's some twisted pick up line, Seaweed Brain-."

"Whoa," he cut her off, turning to face her. "I just want to talk about Clarisse's quest." Annabeth smirked at the way he freaked out at her accusation, "you know the Fleece the best, it was your idea." Annabeth laughed, she liked the flattery. She liked that he cared about what she thought.

"Whatever you decide, I'm in." Annabeth voiced, "We're a team, remember?" she stepped through the threshold of Cabin Three, taking her usual position atop his desk.

Percy gave her a genuine smile, sitting at the table. "I'm going. Luke is up to something. We need to figure out what he's doing." He looked up at her. "And we need to cure Thalia's tree." Annabeth smiled, liking that he wasn't so completely hardhearted that he was unwilling to include the Camp's needs. His home's needs. Her needs.

"We're going." She corrected, and once again, they shared a smile. "We just need to convince Grover." Percy nodded in agreement.

Annabeth didn't remember much after that, all she knew was she was tired and that the morning sun gleaming off the ocean was what woke her up. The Athena cabin didn't have an ocean view.

JnGQ/q�wyo#�