Crying a River

(Third person P.O.V)

Mizume was hugging her crying friend in Demeter's cabin. Mizume was about to leave on a quest and didn't know when she would return. Normally when demigods go on quests there was always a time limit because the villain would attack in XXX days. But since this quest wasn't assigned by Rachel -the oracle- but by Chiron there was no set date.

Chiron himself didn't even know the specifics of the mission, only that it was going to be difficult. An old friend in Tokyo had called him and asked him for a favor, though he wouldn't specify on what it would be. Only that it was classified, and he needed to send two of his best demigods. Which brings us to the mission set up.

It was going to be Mizume, Nico, Percy, and Annabeth. Instead of 3 like normal demigod quest they had four because Mizume and Nico were the best in the camp only surpassed by Percy, but since he wasn't the required age, he opted for Nico and Mizume. But that didn't stop Percy from coming.

Since Mizume was his little sister, he wasn't going to leave her unprotected, which Nico and Mizume heavily argued, then he put the argument of them needing a "parental figure" which finally made Chiron sway, but of course wherever Percy goes Annabeth goes. Annabeth made a point of them needing a "parental figure" that had brains, which makes Chiron allow her to go as well.

Which brings us back to Mizume's predicament. One of her best friends was wailing over the fact that she wasn't going to see her best friend for who knows how long! Mizume sat awkwardly on Maddison's bed trying to comfort the teary-eyed girl.

"I-it's okay, you don't how long I could be gone." She stated, patting Maddison's back awkwardly. Even though Maddison and Mizume were best friends people wondered why and all Mizume could reply with was a shrug.

"Bu-but what if you're gone for over a year!?!" Wailed Maddison. Her tears were staining Mizume's clothes. She was wearing ripped jeans and a over her crop top.

"You're right." Mizume said without thinking, that made Maddison wail even louder. Mizume winced at her volume.

"Don't say that!" Maddison screeched. Her tears flowing even harder. 'I thought her tear ducts would've been empty by now.'

"Uh-uh, I mean, I could be gone for a week too..." Mizume stuttered. 'Someone please save me.' Mizume prayed in her head and luckily it was answered. A knock on the door broke through Maddison's crying session as both girls looked to see who it was.

"Come in!" Mizume shouted holding Maddison. The door opened with a creeaak revealing a pale male (A/N: That rhymed!) with black hair and eyes. He was wearing a black skull shirt with black pants and shoes and an aviator jacket. He stood in the doorway fidgeting with his skull ring. He was looking at the floor not at either of the girls.

Mizume let out a relieved sigh when he appeared because it was none other than her other best friend Nico di Angelo!

"Neeks!" Mizume said excitedly. Nico looked up and into Mizume's eyes looking at her confusedly. His eyes seemed to say 'Do you need help?' which Mizume in turn did a very small but noticeable nod. Nico saw this and immediately came up with an excuse.

"Sorry to bother you guys but we've got to leave soon." He stated with very little emotion. Mizume rolled her eyes at his lack of empathy, but as long as he saved her she would be good.

Maddison looked up from Mizume's hoodie with a tear-stained face and nodded weakly at Nico. She let go of Mizume before wiping her face and the tears still pouring. She instantly reverted back to normal go lucky happy self.

"Okay!" Maddison said excitedly. Mizume and Nico sweat dropped at her switch of emotions. Mizume started wonder if those tears, she cried were actually real, but she didn't want to ask in fear of having to stay even longer. Now don't get her wrong, she loves her friend, but a person can only handle so much socializing at a time and she went above her limit.

"Um, okay bye then." Mizume said as she gave Maddison an awkward goodbye hug, before whispering in her ear. "You can I.M me whenever you feel lonely." Mizume walked away leaving a smiling Maddison.

She walked past Nico, who closed the door behind them. Not alot of people were out since it was time for the campfire sing-along. There were only few people out maybe ten people out and 4 of them were Mizume, Nico, Percy, and Annabeth. Mizume grabbed Nico's wrist pulling him towards the gate where two shadows waited.

"Hey thanks for saving me from drowning." Mizume said jokingly. Nico smirked.

"The daughter of Poseidon... drowning, the world must be ending." Nico teased monotonously. Mizume shook her head but smiled. She dragged him towards the gate, to where their mission would soon begin.

____________________________________________________________________

~Rain falls because the clouds can no longer handle the weight; Tears fall because the heart can no longer handle the pain. ~ Unknown

A/N: YAY CHAPTER 1.................IS DONE!!!!!!!