With the Power Invested in Me...

SCENE 2: WITH THE POWER INVESTED IN ME - EXT. WEDDING VENUE

(Characters: King Peppy, Poppy, Velvet, Floyd, Branch, John Dory)

Time skip to the wedding, we see the venue, similar to Bridget's. Poppy looks at Bridget with a look of admiration. Gristle is next to Bridget. Bridget looks at Poppy with a huge smile and gives two thumbs ups.

KING PEPPY:

We are gathered here today to celebrate the holy matrimony of Branch, and my daughter Queen Poppy.

POPPY:

You know, you didn't have to initiate the wedding, Dad.

KING PEPPY:

Oh I know, I know. I just...couldn't pass up the chance.

He starts to wail loudly as Branch gives Poppy an awkward side smile.

POPPY:

Okay Dad! Could you continue?

KING PEPPY:

(Clears throat)

Certainly, certainly. With the power invested in me-

A voice is heard from amongst the crowd.

VELVET:

What power? Last I checked you're just in charge of these stupid little trolls.

Floyd turns around and sees Velvet, a look of fear washes over his face.

EVERYONE:

Velvet!?

VELVET:

Did you miss me? That prison didn't hold me for long. All it took was me telling them who I was and serenading them, and they let me right out.

FLOYD:

Where's Veneer? And Crimp? You can't just abandon your brother!

VELVET:

That worthless do-gooder decided he wanted to "do the right thing" and stay in prison.

Velvet is now making her way towards the front of the venue, where Poppy and Branch are.

VELVET (CONT'D):

(Scoffs and laughs)

Can you believe that? What an idiot! I decided he was dead weight anyways, so here I am!

BRANCH:
And what exactly are you planning to do? It's not like you can show your face ever again in Mount Rageous. Someone will have the slightest amount of common sense and put you in a real prison.

Velvet kneels down and pats Branch on the head condescendingly.

VELVET:

Oh aren't you just a cute little guy! You obviously don't know anything about being famous. All it'll take is some lame apology and the public will love me again!

Velvet says this with obvious awe in her voice.

VELVET (CONT'D):

All I need to do is shoot a tear out and everything will be back to normal!

FLOYD:

You still haven't answered my other question. What did you do to Crimp!?

Velvet stands up again.

VELVET:

That sack of bones is in prison with Veneer. I mean what did she expect, she quite literally helped us commit fraud.

FLOYD:

You monster! So what, you're just going to let your own brother rot in prison? I'd be dead right now if my brothers hadn't come and saved me.

JOHN DORY:

Yeah! Save him from you, you witch!

VELVET:

Aw, you flatter me. Unfortunately this meeting can't carry on, I've got an apology to rehearse!

She begins to walk away, before she's stopped again by a voice.

POPPY:

What if Mount Rageous does take you back? Who's talent are you gonna steal now?

Velvet turns around with a wicked smile on her face.

VELVET:

You stupid little trolls. Look at his hair, notice anything different?

She points to Floyd's hair, which still has a majority of it colored white.

VELVET (CONT'D):

Yeah, it's still losing its color. I still have his talent, you nitwits! And this time, it's permanent. Watch and learn.

Velvet sings a loud riff, shocking everybody. The brothers look at each other with worry on their faces. Branch and Poppy exchange glances as well.

BRANCH:

Well what if they see right through your fake apology and don't take you back? Huh? What then?

VELVET:
There are dozens of places in this world. It won't be hard to find another place in need of an overnight superstar like myself.

She grins evilly before turning around and leaving the venue. Before she disappears through the fog she yells out to them.

VELVET (CONT'D):

Just wanted to announce my return! Ta-ta!

CUT TO:

TITLE PLAYS

CUT TO: