Annual Sacrifices

Alpha Ares Timeres

The pack hasn't been the same since the announcement of the annual sacrifices. After the TV cut off, a riot erupted in the house. I couldn't even hear myself think. The pack was not able to control their wolves. Things were getting destroyed. Members were fighting each other. Others were crying and screaming for mercy from the moon goddess.

They were pissed.

Of course, so was I. I was in disbelief about what the King was doing. I remember looking up to him as a role model when I was a child. He was the leader every new Alpha wanted to be.

Now I couldn't believe what he had become. He was a monster in his own right. He had learned to abuse his power. I have a hard time believing that he is telling the truth about anything when he talks. I am a loyal Alpha, but I am also a 'fearless' one and I am not afraid to speak my mind when it comes to the King's bad decisions.

In the past, I would have a hard to believing this was the King we all once knew. A King who was emphatic, strong, and honest. But now, he was a cruel, evil, spawn from the Devil.

I think back to his comment about the survivors in the Sanadores pack. When I told him one had survived, he broke my desk in half.

Which, I will not be paying for but yet sending my bill to the King himself.

After I mentioned Sabrina's survival and initiation as a Timeres pack member, his eyes shifted to dance in colors I had not seen before. It made it hard to trust him, his secretary, or any other of his servants. Not just me, but his mate, he had no respect for.

I remember his mating ceremony with our first Queen. It was not his true Luna, but yet, a chosen one. He had been mated for five years and lost her when she got stabbed after fighting in a war, and the infection caused her to lose all feeling in her limbs. After a few days, news that the infection had spread to her heart came, and she passed away peacefully at the castle. We had expected King Vilkas to pass away as well because the death of your mate will usually kill you, but when he survived, that's when the kingdom knew she was not his true mate.

If your true mate dies, you will die as well. If Lana died, my wolf would die from heartbreak and there would be nothing that would bring me back. My instinct to be with her would drive me insane and eventually lead to my anticipated death.

The old queen and King Vilkas had one child together. Otsana Darkthane. The packs had thrown large celebrations when she was born, and she was adored by the kingdom. We were all very happy for our king and queen.

This last year, the King had chosen another mate. Petra Darkthane. She belonged to one of the smaller packs in the kingdom known for being master crafters. He saw her there when he was visiting packs, and was adorned by her beauty. She could not say no to the King, so she mated with him and moved to the castle.

I never knew why he didn't meet his true mate. He had been to every pack in his kingdom, and yet he hadn't found her. Instead, he just chose his mates.

Although, if he did meet his true mate and she rejected him, I wouldn't blame her.

—-

King Vilkas announced that the first sacrifices would be picked next week.

Over the past several days, pack members have been letting their wolves run loose on the pack lands. Many have come to me with their concerns and sadness. Look to their Alpha for comfort and guidance. But, I didn't know the answers and there was nothing I could do against the King.