The Argument

Sabrina Lightlock

Just twenty-four hours ago, my life was normal.

At least I thought it was.

Now I was upset. No, furious. How could people who claimed to be my family want to kill the only thing that I had left from my home pack? I thought they loved me, they wanted to take care of me. Now two fairies have shown up on our lands, and that changed everything.

Lucilla, Saber, Evie, Wren, Lupus, Ezra, Alpha Ares, everyone. Luke. They all turned their backs on me. But it all made sense now. They were hiding because they knew something I wasn't supposed to know. They were hiding my past from me.

My heart beat faster with excitement. These fairies that Evie mentioned were made for my parents. They know about my mother and father, the Sanatores, and what my life would have been like if there had been no raid. I don't even know my parents names. I didn't even know my full name.

Maybe they could teach me how to be a better healer. The title in the pack I was sure born with. I wasn't born to be a Timere and be a fighter. I was a Sanatores, born to be a powerful healer.

My mind was made up. There was no way I was going to let the Timere kill my family. I loved Alpha Ares and the royals. But, I couldn't let this happen. I was a warrior, someone who stood up to the worst of battles, and who wasn't afraid. Not the kitchen worker that Alpha Ares demoted me to.

I laid my head against the wall and squeezed my eyes shut in concentration. Wren and Evie's voices were still coming through the door, either arguing or pleading to me from the other side. I looked down to the duffle bag at my feet, now full of my clothes and toiletries.

I focused my tearful eyes on the broken glass across the room. Carefully picking up the once beautiful picture frame, I brushed the remains off the picture underneath.

It was a picture of Luke and I. Him holding me as a baby. The picture under the broken frame next to it was Alpha Ares and Luna Lana holding me in their arms at my initiation ceremony wearing their royal green and gold regal armor. The day I joined Blood with the Alpha and became a Timere pack member. Huge, proud smiles were plastered across their loving faces.

"I don't care if he's busy, Wren! He needs to come. Luke is the only one who can help right now." Evie argued with Wren outside the door.

"Look, baby. I am an Alpha and my order didn't work on her. I'm sure Luke's will not either." Wren said calmly.

Evie sighed loudly. "Fine."

"Sabby, we are here for you. If you need us, just mind link." Wren stated sadly.

"We will see you tomorrow," Evie added sadly.

I closed my eyes tightly, letting the tears fall to the ground, mixing with the broken glass and blood. I wanted nothing more than to run out that door and give the biggest hug to both of them. But, I couldn't. I was going to leave tomorrow, and I didn't need to get caught up in my feelings.

I shook my head, carefully squeezing out the last tears I had left in my eyes. I wiped them with the sleeves of my sweatshirt. I quickly snatched the pictures and shoved them in my duffle bag on top of my clothes.

I didn't bother to shower. My wolf was far too depressed, howling and whining in my mind. I shoved my bag under my bed. Slowly crawling under the soft, warm blankets. I lay on my back, staring up at the popcorn ceiling above me, my hands covering my chest. I shut my eyes, focusing on taking deep, calm breaths.

A slight creak in the door made me wake up. Someone was here. I kept my eyes shut. I was sure I locked the door. They must have somehow gotten the key to get in. I laid still, hoping the person would assume I was sleeping and would leave.