17. What happened?

"You think I'll keep quiet?"

When Myurran was ready to release Magic Area, he first received an invisible attack. Just like when he tried to fight Shinsiya, Myurran coughed and spurted blood from his mouth.

Shinshiya wasn't here and I didn't do anything. Youm and Grucius couldn't do things like that. Leaving the only suspect to speak up after silently watching us.

Shiro's eyes, which were used to being closed, opened. I could see his eyeballs which were also golden. The corners of his lips turned down as the cold words fell from his mouth.

Grucius had changed into his wolf form. Sighing for a moment, he darted towards Shiro only to be slashed in the head.

Wait!

I'm starting to have difficulty keeping up with the rhythm of events now. I dealt with three otherworldly visitors who had intended to cause chaos without any casualties. But Shiro did not hesitate to attack Myurran. No! I still understand that, but Shiro didn't think twice about beheading Grucius.

This could be a problem for Rimuru later! Yes, maybe not because the kingdom of Eurazannia adheres more to who is strong and who is powerful.

Even so, I don't want to see Grucius die.

I want to perform the resurrection ritual. His soul must not have gone far. But as if Shiro knew I wanted to do something, he gave me a cold stare.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Don't you know there are annoying humans who want to attack this country? I've prepared a barrier that they can never get past. I've also eaten the three of them who were fighting with Rachel earlier- san. But I did it myself. It's not fair!"

From behind, the voice of a small child telling a story while grumbling stole everyone's attention, especially I immediately turned around.

Shinshiya stood at the end of the street. Slowly walking towards us. His face was sullen.

I want to ask what do you mean by eating it? I intended to let them survive or die slowly, but apparently Shinshiya had finished them all off.

"Woah? Why are they like this? Did Brother Shiro do it?" Shinshiya seemed to have just realized his surroundings.

His face did not show any expression of surprise as if seeing death was a normal thing.

Seeing Shinshiya, Shiro returned to his original attitude. He smiled gently. "Ah, this woman wanted to do something dangerous and these Beastmen wanted to help her, so I fought her."

"Wait! Myurran is innocent. He must have his reasons. I'm sure of it!"

Glancing back at Youm, Shiro gave a sharp look. "Shut up, human! If you're really trying to protect him, I'm sorry I'll get rid of you too."

Before Shiro got closer to Youm and Myurran, I blocked him first.

Even though it's a different dimension, I don't want to lose them now, especially Youm. Besides, what's the matter with them acting alone?

"Wait a minute! Don't attack too much. I'm sure Rimuru-san won't like it."

Correct. They are wrong, but they are also important to use. That's how I was then, maybe even now. But the two of them don't seem to be half-hearted in punishing anyone who is guilty.

No need to wait for the answer. I immediately used Transportation magic on them and sent them to the inn.

Shiro seemed to sigh. "Never mind, I can do it whenever I want anyway. By the way Shinshiya, I'm going to see Uncle Benimaru. You stay here watching the surroundings."

"Ah, I will deal with those naughty visitors."

I wanted to ask what he meant by 'can do it whenever I want', but he had already gone to see Benimaru.

Shinshiya also immediately changed into his slime form and left. Leaving me alone here.

I can't stay here with Grucius' corpse. Do we intercept those who invade or go observe what Rimuru is doing?

"Argh!"

Suddenly my chest hurts. What's this? I wasn't being attacked and it was just me now that they were gone.

"Cough!"

As if unable to support my own weight, in the end I fell while coughing. Similar to Myurran earlier, blood spurted from my mouth. An abnormal phenomenon for slime which should not have blood.

Ciel, do you know what's going on?

<<Sorry, I don't know what happened either. Does not detect malicious presence, cannot detect attacks >>

Oh, Ciel is in a state of panic right now.

At this rate, I'll fall into sleep mode again like when I was faced with Hinata and Haruto's arrival.

It hurts so much. The pain that started in the chest began to spread throughout the body. I can't even get up and it certainly won't be long before I collapse.

The blood I vomited wouldn't stop coming out. Where did this blood come from? This hurts even more than when I swallowed Veldora a long time ago.

<<Sir, we should return to the inn>>

Then, activate Teleport.

<<Yes>>

<<Reporting. Unrecognized disorder. Use of all skills cannot be used. Error!>>

Hah? What does it mean that you can't activate all skills, even ordinary skills like Teleport? Was it really a disturbance that Ciel couldn't detect? Who did it? How to do it? Ciel is even made to look like a broken computer.

We can't go on like this. Besides, where is everyone? Why was it suddenly quiet after they left?

It is not good.

I felt the pain slowly disappear. However, at the same time I also felt heavy sleepiness.

I can't help it.

Looks like I'll sleep here.

But before that I heard that mysterious voice again.

"Not good. You can't disappear yet!"

The next second my world went black.