CHAPTER 7

"Who was that?"

Iyan kaagad ang narinig ko pagpasok sa mansyon. Nakatayo si Mommy sa harap ko. Her arms were crossed and she was looking at me na parang sinusuri niya ako.

"Mom," I said while hiding my nervousness. Lumapit ako sa kaniya at hinalikan ang pisnge niya. "You're here na pala."

"Yes, didn't you receive the message that I sent you?" She raised her right brow.

Oh, shoot! My phone was in silent mode.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't hear my phone's notification. I was busy the whole day." I apologize. It was my fault naman talaga.

"Really?" Mas lalong naging mataray ang tingin ni Mommy like she's saying 'Your lie won't work on me.'

I nodded. "Yes, po. Aakyat na po ako sa room ko. I'm done eating dinner na rin po." Nagpaalam na ako kay Mommy at naglakad papunta sa staircase when she called me.

"You didn't answer my question. Who was that?"

Napapikit na lang ako at humarap kay Mommy, may ngiti na ngayon sa labi ko.

"You're tired from the flight, 'di ba Mommy? By the way, where's Dad? Is he in his office?" I asked to avoid her asking questions.

"I just woke up. Your Dad's still sleeping. And I know you're just avoiding my question." Naglakad si Mommy papunta sa sala at umupo sa couch.

"Come here. We're going to talk." She's looking at me intently kaya I don't have a choice but to sit on the sofa near her.

"So, who is that guy who drove you home earlier?"

Naging malikot ang mata ko. This is my first time okay! You can't expect me to sit and just relax. Walang alam ang parents ko sa love life ko. They didn't know who's my flings and what's happening in my buhay pag-ibig.

"Uhm... That's Ace." I answered.

"Who's Ace?" Mas lalong naging mataray ang mukha niya.

"My... My boyfriend." Hinanda ko ang sarili for the violent reaction pero I just heard my Mom's laugh.

"You're tense up. Nagdadalaga ka na talaga. Why didn't you bring him here to meet us?" She looks like she was amused.

"I thought bukas pa ang dating niyo ni Daddy. And besides, he's tired from his practice kaya Mommy, he needs to rest." He looked really tired no'ng pauwi na kami kaya magcocommute na lang sana ako for him to rest early but he insisted on driving me home.

"Tell me more about him."

"What? Mom!" Nanlaki ang mata ko habang nakatingin kay Mommy.

"What? Of course, gusto kong makilala ang boyfriend mo if he's worthy of our trust. We would like to meet the person you're with kapag wala kami." Pinanlakihan niya pa ako ng mata.

Mommy always does this every time. Kapag nagdadala ako ng classmate noon dito sa bahay for our project kahit may ginagawa si Mommy bumababa pa rin siya galing sa office niya to chika with my classmates. She has this hobby na she always asks kaya malapit na ang loob nila ni Eva at Freya.

"He's the captain of our school's football team. He's a law student, he is in his fourth year." Paninimula ko. Mukhang interesado talaga si Mommy kay Ace kaya pinagpatuloy ko. She asked me questions about him and I answered it all.

"He's worth the admiration, ha. I'm looking forward on meeting this guy. And, I would tell your father about this." Sabi ni Mommy pagkatapos kong magkwento tungkol kay Ace.

"Mom!" Dad is not that strict pero it's the first time na may ipapakilala akong boyfriend sa kaniya.

"Bakit? Your Dad deserves to know that his unica ija ay talagang dalaga na. We can't hide it from him for that long if that's what's inside that little head of yours."