𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙨, my nocturnal serande.

gn reader

gn reader. masquerade type shit.
romantic fluff that leads to slight smut.
curvy implied reader.

music plays loudly between the corridors as the party blares on. the symphonies of all the different instruments — lyres, mainly — are quite blissful to the ear of such a renowned deity. it's not often that he finds himself leaving his palace in helheim, but today he found himself making an exception.

it's not that he chooses not to leave, he's just a rather busy man. busy with all the different affairs that comes with ruling over hell — making sure no-one escapes, all the rules are followed, papers are filed, getting the demons of solomon to listen to him — he has a large load of things to do. it leaves him unable to take pleasure in these simple delicacies, these simple dances.

though, this is no simple dance. it's held by aphrodite herself, as an attempt to 'bring about love', as it is her day. valentine's day. it always confused him to who actually owned valentine's day — aphrodite or her son, eros.

not that it matters, he finds himself taking a few steps into the crowd. unlike his younger brothers, he's quite the social man — in the way he likes conversation, and not that he wants to get bed or uphold a reputation. he always did believe those were zeus' and poseidon's down falls, being too invested in carnal pleasure and reputations. why bother so much with simple, fleeting, things like those when you can enjoy life for what it really is?

"a glass of ambrosia, lord hades?" a servant asks, holding a small tray of glasses filled with the wonderful wine. wine of the gods is what ambrosia is, the most beloved drink among themselves. or else, hades thought so.

"thank you," hades replies dismissively as he grabs hold of one of the drinks. it's not that he thinks he's better than the servant, despite how he is in every regard, he's just much too distracted to engage in small pleasantries.

distracted on what, exactly?

the entity he had never seen before dancing about. swaying their hips, as if they've had too much to drink without even a simple glass in their hands. the entity just a few feet away from him seemed so full of life — it's a mystery how he has never seen them before. with a face like theirs, it'd be quite memorable, after all.

perhaps the ruler of the underworld could understand his brother's desire for carnal pleasure. with a face and body as stunning as theirs, as beautiful and carefree as theirs, he could understand. it's almost as if hades forgot where he was, as he eyes were so transfixed onto the sight before him.

"oho, hades being caught staring, what a sight," an all too familar voice teases him from his side — feminine in nature, teasing — aphrodite. goddess of love herself had decided to grace him with her presence, just to tease him for the way his eyes wondered.