Leaving ( Kiki )

"Kiki! Are you ready, we need to leave very soon. Don't need to miss the flight do we? It's the last one this summer." My Mum yelled from downstairs.
" I'm almost ready mum! Just give me five minutes!" I reply from the bathroom as I finish my thin layer of black glossy winged eyeliner.

I am just packing my makeup bag into my suitcase when my brother ran in knocking the bag over.
"What the hell! James, pick all that up now! You are such an idiot. Pick it all up! Pick it up now!!"
"Sorry Kiki can't, have to get downstairs." Smirked James as he ran out of the room.
"Asshole" I mutter while picking up my bag and dragging it to the car. I get in slamming the door, buckling it.
"Cheer up Ki we're going to Cali!" James says smiling at me. I just glare at him, God I hate him sometimes.
" So, who's ready to go to California?" An excited mum says as we reach the airport.
" Yay. Flying from New York to California, who doesn't want to spend 5 hours stuck in a metal tube." James complained.
" Hey. At least we get to go somewhere. Aren't all your friends staying in town this summer. So stop complaining. I say really annoyed that he isn't excited.
The fact is that I have been looking forward to this trip for so long. I never get to leave my town unless it's with school but now, my dad got an offer to come to California for the summer so that he could do some final work in his book. My dad is a psychologist and he likes to write books to help others with problems that might be concerning them. That's what he told me anyway. But my father said he wouldn't come help the publishers unless he got to bring us with him. We don't usually get to see him anyway. With him working all the time.
"Well, I don't care what you think. We still have to sit there for hours."
" At least I have something to do. So if you want to complain don't speak to me about it." As we get out of the car, we get our bags and hurry to the gate. We are not going to be late.
I sit down at the gate and think about everything that I can do in California. I can't wait. This is going to be so much fun.

" All passengers for flight 380 to California please board now. Final call in 19 minutes. Have a save and happy flight."