The Turn of Events.

'Rimuru's pov'

Alright now that I have finally rescued my past self, it's time to return home.

'Ciel, before we go can I make a selfish request?'

'Of course, what is it?'

'I want to eat yakiniku.'

'But we have it in Tempest, so why?'

'We do, but I always wished to eat that dish from the restaurant Tamura wanted me to eat from.'

'Ah, quite a selfish request.'

'I did tell you it would be selfish.'

'Alright let's head over.'

'How about you adjust my clothes and appearance a bit, my clothes aren't that appropriate.'

'Appropriate?'

'They would look unusual and odd to the bystanders. I want to look as normal as possible.'

'Understood, I'll just adjust a few things.'

Within a few minutes, she changed my outfit to a simple shirt and regular pants. "This is perfect; alright, let's head over to the restaurant," I said, walking along with the crowd to look less suspicious. The crowd isn't heading over the other side of the road might as well head over myself. Once the signal had turned to 'go', I walked right from the crosswalk it seemed like there were a few people who needed to cross the road from that side. I looked among the people; there were office workers, the traffic police, the elderly, and, I think, first years from high school. I'm excited to have Yakinikuu. I miss traditional white rice, I also need an ID so I can have a beer. 'Ciel, please take care of the ID.'

'Must you drink, even here?'

'Of course, I miss the beer I always had.'

'Fine, enjoy yourself.' Ciel said that an ID was formed with fake details which I kept safely in my pocket. I returned to my journey, I made it to the restaurant Tamura wanted to take me to. It was quite a simple and traditional place, there were also not too many here. I also spotted my past self with Tamura and Miho, I quietly passed by them and it seemed like Tamura was busy showing off Miho. The dude didn't forget his original object even now. Now, back to yakiniku, "Excuse me, can you bring me some yakiniku chicken, steamed eggs, fried chicken, and two bottles of beer?" Communicating with the waiter was quite simple. Luckily, he didn't ask for my ID.

In half an hour, all the dishes had arrived; if it weren't for me being in public, I would have loved to just use flame magic to grill the meat. But I think it would be best if I don't listen to my intrusive thoughts. Let's hope the grill can cook the meat quickly.

'Time-skip'

Once the meal was done, I requested or more like begged Ciel to create the money. But it's nice to have such a smart companion, who can listen to every bit of my perverted thoughts. Oh well, I had it coming when I named her.

'Enough joking around let's head back and stop Yuuki.'

'Yes, preparing to teleport back.'

'Well so long, old world. Don't worry I will come to visit it soon.' A bright light illuminated me, and for a second, I thought I was already there, but I stood exactly where I was without any changes.

'Ciel? What's going on?'

'Apologies, some errors occurred, it should work now.' The light illuminated again as I finally teleported, I was in between the two worlds as I was returning to the cardinal world. Just as everything was going perfectly, some distortions were starting to show between the two worlds. Ugh, can't it wait until I'm near the cardinal world?

'Ciel, can you stop this?'

'..'

'Ciel? Can you hear me?'

'....'

'Ciel! Oi, what's going on?!'

'I would like to apologize in advance.'

'Apologize for what?'

'For not keeping you safe.'

'Ciel?'

'This..is....we...a-re....par-ting..a...n-y....lo-n..ger...and-I....can't.....guar-an....te.'

'Ciel! What's going on?!'

'It would seem like-' She was interrupted, and it felt exactly like when I had died before. Except I don't know if I will ever come back.

........................................................................................................................................................

Word count: 689