14 | The Serial Abductions Of Maia's Month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song - Khamoshiyan (From the movie Khamoshiyan)

Word count - 3450 words 

Please vote and comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 | The Serial Abductions Of Maia's Month

The chauffeur loaded all three polycarbonate luggage bags into the boot of a black Cadillac Escalade and shut it back.

Noticing this, Karim uttered his next command into the transmitter of the compact handheld transceiver held in his left hand while the phalanges of his tactical black leather glove-clad right hand reposed on the shell of the holster fastened to his waist with the help of a leather belt.

Immediately, a total of fifty-five beefy yet agile-looking armed security professionals decked out in black ensembles and Kevlar vests underneath them, standing erectly adjacent to a fleet of Mercedes Maybach S 650 Guards stationed behind and ahead of the Cadillac, got the car doors open and probed into them.

As if on record, Mahadevan and Hinduja wended their way out from the stately porch of the Dogra Manor, with a slumbering Anirudh cradled in Hinduja's arms.

Opening the rear door of the black Cadillac with his right hand, Mahadevan beckoned his wife with his other hand to get into the car. Nodding her head once, she slid into the into the luxurious automobile. 

He bolted the door and then took a roundabout around the posterior side of the car, followed by Karim. Then Karim imitated the same gestures his boss carried out for his wife a few seconds ago.

Stepping foot into the passenger side door, he then settled himself on the seat and awaited his boss's order.

Mahadevan tipped his chin at his bodyguard, following which the said bodyguard again muttered some directives on his walkie-talkie. The entire convoy of modern luxury sedans came to life in a trice.

As the chauffeur advanced the car on to the National Highway, Mahadevan discreetly rotated his head to the right side and thoughtfully gazed at his wife, who had her ebony-tinged orbs trained fixatedly at the passing scenes outside the clear windows of the operational Cadillac, while her dainty fingers gently stroked the tiny back of the toddler asleep in her arms.

It was a part of her behavioral pattern that he had taken notice of many times. While sitting in a moving car, she never looked in the front or in any other direction but rather out of the window at the surroundings that would pass by.