Undeniable

HighschoolTeacher!Au

Male!character x John Dory                      

Eli (E-lie)
A/N: forgot to mention that his actual name is Elijah. I keep doings au chapters but that's because I get more ideas for chapters when I imagine them in diff situations apart from like say the movie or smth

                              ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The ringing sound of the bell echoed throughout the halls. Students run out excitedly to the lunch room and outside patio. Other staff yell for them to slow down while they speed across the ball.

"Row one, row three, then row two. Have a good lunch!"

Elijah looked around at the classroom and sighed annoyingly. The students were messier each year. He got the broom and started sweeping up some candy wrappers and bits of pencil shavings.

The desk arrangement made it slightly hard for him to move around due to how close they were to one another. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢. 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛.

It felt like almost every year the kids got worse in terms of behavior. Due to Eli being the 'new' teacher, some students thought he wouldn't be strict. He already overheard students saying his methods were bad compared to other staff. In reality, the students just hated that it included them having to always pay attention.

Bruce softly knocked on the open door. "Need a hand, man?"

Elijah groaned. "Nah, I'm good. didn't expect much of a mess. Maybe a little but damn."

"Yep. That's how it'll be for a while. How's everything else going?"

"All good. Nothing super bad, really." Eli dropped some broken pencils into the trash can.

Bruce looked around the classroom. "You decorated pretty nicely. I didn't put much effort into it. The theme didn't feel very fitting."

Elijah chuckled. "That's what I thought, too. Then again, I'm not sure why we have to go along with a theme at all."

"Right? Well, I'm gonna go off with Brandy to eat menudo at this new restaurant a few blocks from here. Are you gonna leave to get something?"

"Not really. John Dory said he wanted to bring me something." Eli mumbled.

Surprised, Bruce raised an eyebrow. "Again? Hasn't he done that multiple times already?"

Elijah shrugged. "I don't really mind it. It's nice of him to do it because, honestly, I never find the time to make myself food or buy some."

With a sigh, Bruce leaned against a desk. He stared down Elijah for a few moments. "I have no idea how you haven't noticed it yet."

"Noticed what?" Eli put the broom into the closet and started putting papers into stacks.

The hallways were oddly silent. There were always a few students hiding in the bathrooms and using their phones. Giggling and laughing obnoxiously.

"JD. He's smitten with you. Big time."

"..I don't see it. He's just being nice because I'm newer."

Bruce scoffed. "Let me tell you something, Eli. The way he looks at you is the same way I've seen Branch look at Poppy. You 𝘥𝘰 see how he looks at her, don't you?"

"I guees I never noticed. It's whatever. Besides, I've gotta focus on teaching." Elijah softly groaned.

He finished stacking papers and dropped them into the cabinet. "Alrighty then. See you later, Manson." Bruce called out while walking into the hallway.

Eli scoffed. "John? Liking me? That seems like a joke."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

John Dory stuck his head into Elijah's classroom and scanned the area. 𝙹𝚎𝚎𝚣. 𝙱𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝. 𝙵𝚞𝚌𝚔. 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝. With a heavy sigh, JD turned around only to see Eli there.

"Looking for me? I was in the restroom. I hope you weren't out here for a long while."

John jumped. "Huh? No, it's alright! I wasn't even looking for you. I was just..uh..checking myself out in the mirror you have."

Eli raised an eyebrow. "From what I saw, you weren't even inside my class."

"Right. Yeah."

Elijah shrugged. "Well, if you need anything, I'll be glad to help. You are for a reason, yeah?"

"I just wanted to drop off some food. I heard from Bruce you didn't bring in any food today. Again."

"Oh? Well, I'm fine. Living off of coffee isn't really the worst lifestyle." Eli sat down on his desk while taking a sip from his cup. "Anything else?"

JD shook his head. "Nah. Sorry for taking up your time, man." He left a plastic bag in front of Elijah and walked out.

Eli looked over at the bag and carefully opened it. The bag contained a sandwhich, a few strawberries and a heart-shaped chocolate.

𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚝.