ACT I: Chapter 1

A/N: Thank you thelightgod1103 for allowing me to use your OC for this book. And thank you itdatboi2000 for giving us an idea. I hope you both enjoy the outcome of this story. Thanks again!

"Catherine? Catherine? Where the hell is this woman? Catherine?!"

"Quit your screaming, Moira, half of the Overwatch base is going to hear you!" I snickered, a piece of toast stuck in the corner of my mouth.

"Where were you?"

"Can't you tell?" I asked, removing the piece of toast, biting down on the corner. "I think you should eat more. Maybe you won't be so grouchy half the time."

"Careful with your words, Catherine. It would be wise to not say such things around me."

"Look, I know you may be my superior, but we were friends first. Can't you lighten up a little bit?" I asked, spinning around, making some objects float into the air.

"And you," Moira grabbed the back of my shirt, pulling me towards her, causing the objects that were levitating to fall onto the floor. "Need to come down a few notches. You need to be more serious."

"There's no harm in being a little carefree."

"We don't have room for that, Catherine. We need you to stay on task and not get careless."

"I think you mixed the two, Moira. I am not careless, I want to be a bit carefree."

"They're basically the same."

"If I was careless, I'd be aimlessly walking around the base and getting into who knows what. I am carefree. Not letting myself be bound by rules and things. Going with the flow, ya know."

Moira sighed and placed her hand against her forehead, shaking her head. "Why did I get assigned with this girl?"

"You were the one who wanted to be friends."

"More like you wanted to be friends," she said.

"Not my fault I started talking to you one day and you stuck around."

"I can't leave because you never shut up!"

"Hey, did you get the word from Gabriel today? What are we doing?"

"That's what I'm trying to talk to you about! Now please sit down and listen."

I immediately plopped onto the floor, looking up at Moira.

"On a chair."

Turning, I found a lone chair. Closing in on just the chair, it started to skid across the floor and make its way over to me. Standing up, I sat down.

"I'm listening."

Moira sighed once more, "Not in the middle of the hangar!"

"You're no fun," I said and stood up, grabbing the chair with my hands and stepping outside of the hangar, Moira closely behind.

Once we were in an area that wasn't filled with people running around, I set the chair down and sat in it. Moria leaned against the wall, folding her arms across her chest.

"We're to get in and get out," Moira said.

"What are we stealing this time?" I sighed.

"Some classified information on Max. Seems some of the other agents of Overwatch were unable to do so."

"So we have to pick up the pieces then?"

"Yes. We're picking up after the slackers failed to get the necessary information needed."

"Wonderful," I sighed.

"Get your uniform on. You know how Gabriel wants us to to look."

"It's so depressing though," I stood up, whining slightly as I walked over to where my bunk was. "Always in black."

"You'll get used to it. Now come on, before they leave. I'll be waiting for you in hangar 1, bay 5."

"Got it, Moira," I said and walked away.

Heading back towards my bunk, I had finally finished the toast I was eating earlier. Brushing my hands on my pants, the crumbs fell from my fingers and onto the clothing. As I entered my bunk, it was pretty easy to tell whose side belonged to who. For starters, I didn't have beakers and other science stuff littering my desk. But that's beside the point. While Moira was a bit dirty and messy with her experiments, she was neat elsewhere. Her bed was made and she had sheets that Overwatch had given us, which was very generic. I, on the other hand, had colorful sheets of my favorite animal. Along with a stuffed animal of my favorite animal as well.

Stepping into the bunk, the doors automatically closed and I changed into my Blackwatch uniform. Which, you guessed it, consisted of a lot of black clothing. Putting on my black jeans and sliding on my black combat boots, I stood up and put on a black vest, the emblem of Blackwatch on it. Finally, I put my hair up into a ponytail, letting it rest on my right shoulder.

Getting everything I need, uniform wise, I walked over to a case that held my gun. Opening up the case, I inspected it before I filled it with the right amount of ammo, along with taking some extra in case I needed it. It wasn't like I needed it, if I am going to be honest, but Gabriel said I should have something just in case. I mean, everyone here has a means of attack. Moira has her orb, Genji has his sword which he can deflect bullets, and Gabriel and Cassidy have guns. Not like I need to have one when I am basically everyone combined except for Moira. I can't send out an orb that drains the life of someone.

Sliding the gun into the holster attached to my leg, I walked out of the bunk and made my way towards the hangar Moira said to meet her at. I hoped this mission didn't take long as I wanted to spend my afternoon and maybe evening with Moira. Not like we were anything, but our friendship was a bit of an odd one. One could mistake us as a couple, but we weren't anything like that. I don't know what we were, but I just know above all else, we were friends and colleagues. I helped her with her experiments, albeit they went against my morals. But it was nice to spend time with her and see how she was able to make progress.

Finding her at the hangar with the other members of Blackwatch, I met up with them. Gabriel debriefed us on what we were doing before we got into the aircraft. Cassidy and Gabriel were going to be piloting, which I don't think was a good idea, but that was all we had. Genji sat towards the door while Moira and I were sitting beside one another. She was showing me some of her latest experiments she was working on. I tried to be interested and know what she was talking about. I was genuinely interested, but with all the jargon she used, it went over my head. But, I smiled, resting my head on her shoulder, just listening to her talk as I closed my eyes.