ACT IV: Chapter 17

Landing the plane, the door opened and I carefully walked out, ready to strike anyone who would rush me. The hangar looked clear and I quietly made my way towards a door that was to my right. I had no idea where I was going and I knew they probably know I'm already here. But if it meant getting 34 back, I was going to do all that I could. Even if it meant risking my life over hers. Then again, she could heal. But how much could she heal?

Running down a corridor, I found myself at a staircase. I sighed, knowing that I wasn't going to find her this easily. It would be too easy if she was just right where she needed to be. I don't even know which floor she would be on. There's too many for me to search every single one. I'd be here for days.

"Better get to climbin'."

"Psst."

I turned, finding no one was there.

"H-Hello?"

A woman appeared out of no where, causing me to stumble backwards.

"W-What the?"

"Shh," she hissed.

"H-How did you?"

"Are you 34's friend?"

"Y-Yes. W-Why?"

The woman smiled, "I can see why you remind her of me."

"W-Why's that?"

"Appearance wise, crazy hair."

"I guess you can say that."

"Sombra," the woman said, stretching her hand out.

"I-I go by Queen," I said and shook her small hand.

"Whoa! You have such big hands, chica!"

"T-Thanks?"

"You're looking for 34, si?"

"Y-Yes."

"Follow me."

She ran up the stairs, disappearing.

"I can't see you."

"34th floor," Sombra said.

"Of course. Why didn't I guess that?" I muttered to myself. "Because it would make all the sense in the world to go to the 34th floor because her name is 34," I grumbled.

"Talking to yourself, amiga?"

"Buzz off," I sighed, climbing up the stairs.

"Aww, did I strike a nerve?"

"I said buzz off!"

"At least I am helping you."

"Like I would need your help."

"You were going to search every floor, weren't you?"

"N-No," I stuttered.

"You were," Sombra laughed.

"Are you going to help me or are ya goin' to be a pain in my ass?" I asked.

"Both."

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes.

"Could be worse."

"What do you mean?"

"I could have turned you in, made it known that an intruder was here. That kind of stuff."

"Why didn't you?"

Sombra appeared before me. I almost stepped on her. Jumping, I stepped back, sneering at her.

"Can ya give me a warnin' before ya do that?"

"Sorry about that," she said. "But, 34 seemed happy out there. Well, maybe happy isn't the right word, but--"