Play 3 : Injury Bug

Wednesday
   Week 2 of football season

Mountain Ridge High School Varsity Practice

"HUT!!" Y/N yells and drops back, handing the ball off to the junior running back. Daron Wheat.

He gets the ball and shoots the C gap were he comes face to face with Jake Matthews.. The starting outside linebacker.

They both run full speed and ram into each other causing a huge collision. The right guard and tackle both trip and fall on the two. Jake's arm gets caught under the guard. While Daron's knee hits the ground hard.

"AGGGHHHH!!" They both scream making the coaches blow the whistle and run to them.

"ALL PLAYERS BACK UP!!" Coach Hemsworth yells as he blows his whistle.

Y/N leads the offense to the sideline as the defense does the same. He finds himself with his friends as they take their helmets off.

"That shit does not look good." Brook says with a stank face.

"Jake arm bent backwards." Tay tells them making them cringe.

"Maann, Daron knee damn near exploded." Y/N says as he spits on the ground.

"First Colin and Matt.." Jamari says.

"Now Jake and Daron." JJ says.

"Y/N!" Coach Downey yells making him turn around. He waves him over and Y/N walks to him.

"Wassup Coach?" Y/N asks as the two stand off to the side.

"Daron is out for the season, same as Jake." Downey tells him with his arms crossed.

"Damn." Y/N replies.

"Hemsworth is losing his mind over there, down a running back and linebacker." Downey says making Y/N think.

"Trey can play linebacker." Y/N tells him making him look shocked.

"Really?" Coach asks making Y/N nod.

"Point Break!" Downey calls out making Coach Hemsworth walk to him.

"The kid said Trey can play running back." Downey says as Hemsworth looks at Y/N.

"He was always a few tackles away from Vern in middle school." Y/N says making him think.

"Trey!" He calls out before walking to the defense.

"We'll probably have to get a back down from JV now." Downey says to Y/N.

"How many are there?" Y/N asks.

"Hell if I know, ride with me to the JV field." Downey says and they walk to the cart.

" Downey says and they walk to the cart