2022/2023

A year later I and Briana were hanging out with Kim and were just having a girl's night

Kim had gone to the living room while me and Briana were in the kitchen making cookies

I decided to spark a conversation

“Hey, I heard you and José divorced a year ago. How are you handling that?”

“Um. I am good. We divorced simply because we both realized that we both were in fact, gay. It was actually right before I met you at Con.”

My jaw dropped

“Well, how is Val taking it?”

“She at first didn’t understand, but now she is just happy that everyone is happy.”

“That is cool.”

“Yup. Anyway, can you show me more of your power? I would love to meet a few people. It is a shame that my favorite singer is dead.”

“Girl of course I can! Also not to toot my own horn or anything, but I can also sing a dead artist’s song and they will come back to life for a month and be ‘living’ but obviously not actually living.”

“OH MY LANTA! Could you sing Walkin’ After Midnight by Patsy Cline? Or The Devil I Know by Ashley McBryde? Or Man! I Feel Like A Woman! By Shania Twain? Or My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion?”

“Of course I can!”

I myself am part of the Trybe, so I sing The Devil I Know

“Catherine Grace Reich.”

“Heyyyyyy girly.”

I smile

“Why am I here for the thousandth time?”

“Because my friend Briana Buckmaster would like to meet you.”

“BRIANA BUCKMASTER?! I LOVE HER!”

“OMG I LOVE YOU!”

I started to back up because to be honest, they were freaking me out

“Well I would love to stay but I have a show at the Raymond in a few hours, but luckily I am only a few minutes away. Catie give her my number, please. Bye Briana.”

“Oh, my lanta Catie. I seriously could just kiss you right now for doing that.”

I went pale and was speechless

I just walked back to the room and immediately ran to Kim

“KIM KIM KIM KIM KIM! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!”

“What do you mean ‘It finally happened’?”

“SHE SAID SHE WOULD JUST KISS ME SINCE I SANG AND HAD ASHLEY MCBRYDE SHOW UP!”