𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

°¤

°¤.~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈: 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ~.¤°

* ˚ ✦

The funeral of Queen Aemma and her newborn son, Prince Baelon, was a sorrowful event. Only those close to King Viserys were invited, but it was still not an event to celebrate. The King was in despair, as Alondra's father had confided in her, he blamed himself for the deaths' of his wife and son and was in turn was leaving his daughter, Princess Rhaenyra, and his brother, Prince Daemon, to mourn the tragic death on their own. Alondra hadn't spoken to her Majesty the Queen much, but the recently deceased woman had tried to guide her after her own mother had passed and that was a kindness she could not ever forget.

Alondra bit the inside of her lip as she looked at Princess Rhaenyra. She desperately wanted to say something to her to show that she was not alone and how emphatic she felt, knowing exactly what she was going through, but Alondra did not know how to express those feelings. Instead, she settled on giving the Prince and Princess as much space as she could. Although, that would have to do more with her father.

Even with the preparation of a royal funeral, her father had found time to punish her for Prince Daemon's actions. To chastise her, he'd immediately locked her in a room immediately after the news of the Queen's death. Her father had known how vulnerable she was in that moment, knowing the death of a mother close to her would bring up memories of her own mother's death, and had used that to his advantage. He locked her in her quarters for an entire day with no way to contact anyone, no food or water, nothing. Alondra had pleaded for him, someone, anyone, to let her out as she balled her eyes out, but no one came to her rescue. Instead after hours of clawing at the door and begging, she became incredibly tired and fell to the floor. As fear and anxiety filled her, Alondra began biting the inside of her mouth. At first it had been barely anything, not even enough to pierce the skin, but eventually the bites had become harder and went from just her cheek to biting her lips and tongue until they bleed. Eventually, Alondra had fallen asleep and by the time she woke up her father was in her room with the Maester, asking him the heal the self-inflicted on wounds. It wasn't long until he was back to scolding her, asking her how she could destroy herself like that and that it ruined her pretty face before going back to being a semi-decent father.

Thankfully, he left her alone for the next few days, but that also made it to where she couldn't leave her room until the wounds were healed. On the positive side, he finally let the servants bring her food and drink, so at least he was being kind on that. A few days passed and as if the Seven were testing her, she ran into Prince Daemon Targaryen almost immediately. Alondra had began apologizing profusely the second she saw saw them, telling him how sorry she was that he lost wearing her favor and how it was a fault on her part, but he simply waved off her words as he smiled, telling her how even if he had lost he was the one who gained the favor of the prettiest lady in all of the land and that was the best reward imaginable.