Chapter One

"Black!" Sirius smirked, dragging his tongue across his bottom lip. "You're going to have to try harder than that, Prongs!"

James leaned against the railing, breathing fast as he glared up towards Sirius, "Ever the troublemaker. Can't get attention at home, so you've got to disrupt everyone else's day?"

Sirius clicked his tongue, "You're one to talk. That son of yours—heard he's a bit of a troublemaker in school. Harry, right?"

James clenched his fist tightly around his wand, "Don't talk about my son, filthy mutt." Sirius grinned. "You ought to teach him not to talk to strangers, might get him hurt."

James fired a curse, Sirius immediately countering it with his own, "Come now James—
I'm only thinking of his well being! Can't have the little Bambi running around, getting diseases from rats now can we?"

James went to fire another curse, looking around as Black was nowhere to be seen. "Black!" He shouted in frustration, kicking at the wall. His hair messier than usual.

—————————————————————

"Dad!" James bent down, catching Harry in his arms, "Hey buddy, did Ron head home already?"

Harry nodded into the crook of his neck, "He had some chores to do." "Ah, and your chores?" James grinned as Harry huffed, "Already done!"

"Really now? I'll be the judge of that," James murmured, setting Harry down.

James lead Harry into the kitchen, "What were you thinking for dinner lil man?"

"Tacos!"

James laughed, "Tacos it is, though they won't be as good as your Lilypad's."

——————————————————————————————————————————
If you didn't read the Introduction, Lily and James are divorced. Also AU credits go to arliedraws, she can be found on Instagram.