APAN Award Ceremony

Yoona was so busy.

The previous days she had taken a break, trying to regain energy and recover from the flu that invaded her. Although a new year was a couple of days to come, her work schedule was not empty, and now a new event overlapped with another already planned.

"You will be able to get there just in time," her assistant concluded after a detailed plan to be able to attend both events. Yoona nodded, still contemplating the invitation. She looked at her manager, who seemed to refrain from commenting, but from looking at his face, he didn't seem to be very enthusiastic.

"Isn't that okay?" Yoona asked tentatively, trying to change her manager's attitude.

"Even if we plan and agree to modify some schedules with the organization, unexpected incidents can occur and we may be delayed along the way," Her manager was worried, but didn't try to convince Yoona of something different, he knew it wasn't necessary because the artist had already made up her mind.

Of course, it wouldn't be beneficial for Yoona to be late for the awards show where she will be presenting. And it wasn't just about moving from one venue to another, but also redoing her hair and makeup in less time than usual. Just imagining it was a little nerve-wracking, but it wasn't something they hadn't experienced before. Her working life has always been busy to extreme levels. However, this was something Yoona wanted to do: personally receive the awards her fans had won for her. Yoona was deeply appreciative of the support and love she received, so she had to show up and reciprocate properly.

"We'll do our best."

With a positive attitude and sincerity, Yoona encouraged her team.

••••❥❥❥••••

To be honest, she was feeling a little nervous. Not because of the event itself, but because of the pressure she felt about who would be her company that night.

"He confirmed?" Yoona asked, distracted by the news, unable to control her agitation at all. Her assistant nodded, and a brief nervous glance swept the area, observing those around them as if checking that the rest of the staff were paying so much attention to them. Yoona was cautious again, "Oh, it'll be nice to be with someone I know, even if I am only halfway through the event".

She smiled softly, pretending it wasn't a big deal. Sure, she knew that Junho was contemplating attending as well and that it was very likely that he would, but it was something she thought she would find out first from him and not from her assistant. Yoona squeezed her grip on her phone a little, tempted to send some messages and maybe a few with a bit of reproach. Of course, she didn't, because that wasn't the right place; Most of her staff were there, and while some of them knew about them, it wasn't a topic she openly discussed. Their relationship was still so new and tentative, that she also preferred to keep it private -just for her and Junho if possible. Trying to change her thoughts, she regained her attention to her work. They were for the dress fitting for the following events was her schedule for that day.

"Try this one first" one of her stylists offered her a dress, while the others piled up, checking, and choosing the right jewelry and shoes. "Something discreet for the award presenting will be good".

Yoona nodded, dazzled by the beautiful dress. She smiled excitedly, looking forward to the work her team would accomplish.

"I want to look pretty," she said a little absent-mindedly, like a thought out loud.

"Prettier, unnie".

She laughed, embarrassed by the flattery.

"She wants to be told she looks beautiful, and not exactly by us.