𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑻𝑾𝑶

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑻𝑾𝑶 | 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑇𝑅𝐸𝐴𝑆𝑂𝑁

"You've been in the treasury again."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

IT HAD BEEN TWO WEEKS SINCE THEY'D SIGNED THE CONTRACT. Two weeks — two miserable weeks of her name being had through gossip halls and servant quarters. She was used to the stares, it had happened the moment she stepped foot into the castle. But the whispers that surrounded her every step had put the murderous thief into a tilt of fury.

Lillian had been a great source of information and gossip but even she hadn't been as bad as her coworkers. At least she didn't annoy the thief to the ends of the world.

Chaol had advised her to ignore them but she was beginning to grow quite irritated as the days continued.

That particular day however, she was feeling violent, her anger growing as she continued to listen as two imbeciles dared to utter her name. Laying in the shadows around a corner, she grinned and unsheathed a dagger, the blade freshly polished. Of course she didn't plan on killing them, having taken the king's warning to heart. But she very much enjoyed imagining her blade plunging through the two idiots.

"Don't."

He had appeared from behind, strong fingers grasping at her hand. Yanking her into the shadows of the corner, he pushed her against the wall, eyes dangerous and warning. That was the first time Dorian had given her such a hard look, expression serious as the grip on her wrist tightened though it was far from painful.

The hand not holding her wrist was brought up to her chin, tilting her head up to meet his gaze. His dark eyes gave her a warning, a look that set excitement and pleasure running through her.

It had been a while since she'd last seen him, the work of the castle and court pulling him away. But there he was now and she could hardly keep her heart from falling out of her chest. If it was even possible, he had gotten even more alluring over the past few days. The muscles in his arms seemed to be more prevalent, more toned. Even his face looked more sharp, as if a sculptor had refined his features.