17• 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂

Dated: 19th July, 2024
Word Count: 3k+ words
Target: 50+ votes and comments

Please follow Urvi and Ridhit on Instragram✨

17 | The Ball Party |

Urvi:

This man beside me is making me go mad!

My breath hitches by his mere closeness, his nonchalant breath and heaving. My body has completely lost its control, and he touches me as if he knows my body like the back of his hand. He knows where to exactly plant those soft whispers, sending shivers down my spines. My hands automatically itch to run across his soft locks and grab his nape, pull him even closer, wishing no distance.

I sighed in utter tiredness. It was a long day. Whatever happened in the morning, and then that abrupt sight of contract papers felt as if someone had poured cold water on me. I stood there dumbfounded, where else the paper which fell down felt as if they were reminding us. Screaming that everything is fake.

"This seem fake to you?" My subconsciousness screamed, but my doubts overpowered it.

After that incident, I had no courage to face him. Not because of papers, but because I was afraid. Afraid if his behavior will change.

Afraid that his intense gaze, which held me shivering, would turn cold

Afraid that he'll stop behaving as such, just like my parents did

Afraid that he will lose the connection I was feeling with him

Afraid that... everything will come to an end

My fears were answered when his gaze held that same warmth. When his heartbeat rose and accelerated the same way mine did. When his hands around me made me realize that maybe this connection isn't one-sided. Maybe there's still time for it to end.

But little did she know that destiny had some other plans

"You did it, didn't you?" My chain of thoughts were harshly interrupted by his oh so soft voice. We were heading towards the party in his car. We were sitting behind since he called for a driver today. It was a pretty comfortable car with lots of space. I looked at him, blinking in confusion. "EarthCon project." He clarified.

I coughed, averting my gaze, "Uh... no. It was the team who did."

He chuckled deeply and shook his head, "It's a shame if I am unable to distinguish project details from them and the same from you."

I bit my lips and shrugged slowly, "It is."

He rolled his eyes, "You take me as a fool?" I nodded before my eyes widened and immediately shook my head. He scrutinized his gaze, "Sab samajh raha hu mein."

{ I'm understanding everything.}

"Aap samajhte bhi hain?" I blurted out and instantly covered my mouth.

{ You also understand?}

"Stupid stupid Urvi!" I groaned internally before smiling nervously at him, who was just glaring at me. I cleared my throat, "How did you figure it out? About the project."

He raised his eyebrow, "So you are agreeing that you did it?" To which I immediately replied, "I never said that."

He sighed, "There's no reason for it." I frowned, "What does that mean?"

He exhaled and turned himself a little to face me, "How do you know that you like coffee and not tea?"

Creases arranged themselves on my forehead, "Uh, I just know. It's been years, too."