Prologue

An annoying buzzing sound echoes the room, earning a tired groan from the poor teen resting in her bed.

She sits up and stretches, letting out a strained sigh as she grabs her phone to turn the alarm off.

She checks the time. 5am. Great.

She slides on her slippers, yawning as she shuffles her way to the kitchen, making herself breakfast while her family is asleep.

After she makes her breakfast, she leaves it to cool down as she prepares her bag for school, setting her ID, her uniform, and her shoes down by the bed.

She runs to the bathroom, not wanting to waste any more time.

Isire Lytras was her name. Although, she'd prefer if others would call her Ire for short.

She wasn't poor, but neither was she rich. She had a wealthy family, capable of providing her and her siblings everything they needed.

She was the youngest in her family, being only 15. Her older siblings, ages 20 and 17, already left for college, leaving Isire back at home.

She didn't mind, however. She liked it here.

The only reason being.. Nevermind.

Whatever. It's not like this day is any different than last week.

That's what she thought.
---
The walk to school was tiring, but calming in a sense.

Just something about the birds singing this early in the morning and the soft sounds of her shoes hitting the pavement gave her a melancholic feeling.

She passed by a few houses, stopping briefly at a specific playground.

Deciding to brush it off, she walks past it.

She arrives at her school, greeting her closest friend, Rune.

"Ire! Heeyy!!" Rune exclaimed, waving obnoxiously at Isire.

Isire laughs softly and walks in the direction of Rune.

"Hi. Were there any assignments from yesterday?"

"Ahh... No, I don't think there are."

Isire sighs in relief, running her hands through her soft silken hair.

"What subject is first again? I keep forgetting the schedule."

"Ahh... It's science first. AH! Didn't Ma'am announce yesterday that there was a transferee from another section?" Rune recalls, walking with Isire to the classroom.

"Uhm... I don't remember. I was sleeping, probably."

"Oh. Well, either way, we have a new classmate!! Aren't you excited?"

"If I said I was, I would be lying."

Rune scoffs at Isire's statement, knocking the back of her head before Isire screeches a shout of pain.

"You're so mean."

"I'm not mean. I'm honest."

They arrive at their classroom, Isire taking her regular seat next to Rune. They take out their necessary materials for class, such as notebooks, pens, correction tapes, etc.

After a while of chatting and complaining, the classroom is filled with familiar students. Every minute that goes by, the class gets noisier, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

Even if Isire didn't seem to care, she really did anticipate meeting the transferee. She wondered who they'd be or what they'd look like. Who knew? It wasn't her question to answer.
---
Meanwhile, a student sits in the faculty, waiting patiently for the teacher to pick them up as advised. He wasn't aware of the class he'd be in, where it was, or who was in there. But, he knew what to expect.
---
The teacher walks in the room, everyone going silent as they greet the teacher a good morning.

"Yes, good morning, class. See, if any of you remember my announcement yesterday, you'll recall that I've said something about a new student. Well, he is here today. So would you please be kind and try to befriend him?" The teacher asks politely, to which the students oblige.

The teacher gestures to the student to enter the room. His head peeking in first before walking in.

The teacher asks him to introduce himself, stating his name, birthday, and his hopes for this class as she also calls the attention of every student.

Everyone looks towards his way.

His eyes scan the seats nervously until met eyes with a very familiar person, who seems to recognize him as well.

"Isire?" He whispers under his breath.

Isire looks at him in surprise.

"D-"

(hi, welcome to my story :D Haven't posted in a while, sorry :( hope you enjoy this story though :) byebye for now)