Fire. (Chapter One Of Trauma!! :3)

**AUTHOR'S NOTE!! Yeahhh starting off strong with something that just happened to me literally 2 hours ago, just the fuel I needed 💪(I'm driving to my grandma's house rn). Don't mind that the cover page says cars, I drew it in the car also and I'm too tired to change it. I didn't have a pen. There's not gonna be a lot in each chapter cause I have a personal life and sht to do, but I hope it's still fine, and uh.. Yeah. Well. You get the gist. WHO'S READY FOR TRAUMA??**

**This chapter will mainly be about Ein. He is between the ages of 8-10 in this and has not yet met Pierce. There will be no gay or fluff in this chapter, sorry... but. I swear. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL HAVE BOTH OF THEM.**

There wasn't anything wrong. Today was Wednesday, which meant he was going to go to school. He was going to wake up, and fall back asleep, and wake up again, and brush his teeth, and get dressed, and go to his mother to tell her he was ready, and then they would drive to school together.

He would hate it, of course, no one liked school in New York, but he would make it and then his mom would be back, ready to take him home. Back to the apartment. Back to his safe place, where no one could get in but his mother.

Everything was fine.

So then why  did he smell smoke?

They lived in a 2 person apartment with a barely working stove, no microwave, and heaven forbid a fireplace. Their heater was only barely holding on. Which was why there was never smoke in the Escalante household. So obviously his nose was playing tricks on him.

There wasn't anything wrong, which was why he was going to get up and brush his teeth, even though he had not yet fallen asleep again. Oh well.

But then he saw the smoke. he saw the smoke when he opened the door of his shared bedroom, and then he saw the flames.

The bathroom was on fire. Fire that was spreading. Fire that had screams coming from it, which was strange because only he and one other person were in this apartment ever and that person was his mother and his mother couldn't be in the bathroom because the bathroom was on fire and she couldn't be on fire because today was a Wednesday and she had to take him to school-

He heard sirens in the distance.

There was red and blue and smoke, and the sound of footsteps against metal- running down the stairs of the fire safety exit, and then he was out. Outside of a burning building.

And his mother was not.