Part II

The smell of war empowered me.

It sank through my skin and into my bones electrifying me with unbelievable power. The screams and moans of victims dying, the loud shing! of sword clashing against sword made a twisted smile grace my face slowly. I still remembered my first war - the war between Icarus and Poteus that led to me finding my one love.

Nicholas.

He was behind me. I could feel him as he pressed his chest into my back, warming the sleek black metal, and I craned my head up so I could peer up at him. Nicholas was a good lover, I thought quietly to myself, he was never mean to me though he did tease me a lot. Nicholas took me to Olympus to meet the gods and goddess and, most importantly, Ares the god of war. Nicholas father was a strict man but it was just an act to scare away outsiders and make people fear him. Behind closed doors Ares was pretty cool and loved to help me team up on Nicholas and his siblings.

Ares also blessed me with immortality. I would not be dying anytime soon and since it was Ares that blessed me, not anyone else, I was also extremely good at war now. It made me much more powerful. I loved it.

"Die in the name of Poteus!" A soldier suddenly spat, breaking through a line of men decked in sleek black armor, and running towards us. I was beyond ready to gut him where he stood but someone leaped out and, with a swift flick of his sword, beheaded the silver soldier.

"Ha, take that you no-good sully!" Theo growled with a victorious sneer. Theo was a very pampered solider in our ranks, decked in the same black armor I was, but unlike the rest of our men we both had a silver crown stitched into the metal on our backs identifying us as royalty.

Theo was quiet young to be a soldier and his boyfriend, Nyke, tried to keep him home. Theo, like me, was captured in our last war between Icarus and Poteus. Nyke, fourth son of Ares and brother to Nicholas, stole Theo away and changed his name to prove that Theo was his property; Theo because it meant divine gift. Theo had once been named Cy. He took the whole property thing worse than I did.

"On to the castle, Kal?" Theo asked me with a smirk. Theo's eyes now glowed with the same raw power just as mine did. I could feel it waving off Theo in waves that made my skin sizzle. I nodded silently and we picked our way through the village of slaughtered peoples. The war we were in now was my revenge scheme. Nicholas was furious with my father, Poteus, and the fact that Poteus had sent me to die only made Nicholas' blood boil with rage.

Now we were here, in Cicero my homeland, to slaughter the remaining peoples and my so-called family. I was excited. Icarus had sent a massager hawk to inform my family that I was beheaded; this was obviously a lie. The looks on their faces when they realized that I was alive and the one leading the attack on our homeland would be something I'd never soon forget.

"Once the tempest comes and cleans the island of the war this will be our homeland," Nicholas whispered to me as we picked our way to the castle carefully, "My father said we'd all move here and tear down the village and build our own Olympus; just for our family to reside." I smiled at that. I loved Cicero. The island was beautiful with vast rainforests, sandy deserts, and high mountain tops where you could see everything from. Once we got rid of the pest problem this would be a wonderful home for my new family and me to reside.

"I'm sure Zeus will be pleased to hear that." I smirked playfully and Nicholas tilted his head at me, his dark eyes flashing. "Zeus acts like he has a stick up his ass," Nicholas said as he rolled his eyes and looped one of his thick arms around me, "He'll get over it as soon as he realizes without us around no one will be there to pull pranks on his cranky ass." I laughed at that softly, smirking to myself, pulling pranks on the God of all Gods was funny as hell.