// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 //

hiraeth - part seventy-four

»»——⍟——««

       With Goku having been taken down, it was now an even three versus three. Black and Y/n stood on the defense, Gohan and Vegeta at either side, waiting for an opening. Zamasu kept Trunks separated from the fight, splitting them apart.

Black smirked as he watched Vegeta tense, preparing to attack. Black's boot dug into the ashen and snowy ground, his body tensing as he let out a laugh, charging at Vegeta, resuming the fight. Vegeta scoffed, chuckling as he met Black's attack head on, the two clashing. This was finally Vegeta's chance to show Black just what he was made of.

Gohan let out a yell as he flew at Y/n, his fist clashing with her arms as she blocked. Knocking him back, Y/n flew forward, slamming her foot into his gut. Gohan groaned, stumbling backwards, his eyes widening as he felt her ki rising. He looked up to see her holding a cluster of ki balls. She let out a yell, throwing cluster upon cluster, surrounding him. Gohan narrowly dodged each one as it went off, exploding the surrounding buildings. Through the light, Gohan failed to spot Y/n flying right toward him, elbow jutted out. She landed a hit directly to his chest, stunning him, before grabbing him by his ankle. She threw him into the sky, charging up her power, before letting off a power blast into the sky.

Gohan, with no time to dodge, blocked with his arm, gritting his teeth and bearing through the pain. And just as he thought her attack had slowed to a stop, she was suddenly right under him. She grabbed him by his gi, throwing him to the ground with all her strength. Gohan choked on a cough, blood pooling in his mouth as he gasped. Laying weakly on the ground, he watched Y/n descend, standing at his side.

"Why do you continue to fight?" Y/n asked, staring down at Gohan. The man groaned, forcing a glare in her direction.

"Because this world isn't yours to own, and you know that. Why do you keep fighting us? We were friends, Y/n. I thought maybe even something more," Gohan spoke, his teeth bloodied as he rasped. Y/n stared down at him with wide eyes, as if shocked by his words. Memories of a time gone by rang through her head, her heart sinking into the pits of her stomach as she recalled memories of a friendship. And with each passing second she remembered the times they shared, the more her heart began to ache, wondering if this was right. Was it really okay for her to fight them like this? Was it really okay for her to want this planet all to herself?

Y/n was ripped from her thoughts as she felt a gust of wind, carrying a powerful energy enough to rival even Goku Black's power. Her eyes widened as she turned to see Vegeta standing before Black, a grin spread across his face as his blue hair blew softly in the chilling wind.

"This is the power of a true Saiyan!" Vegeta yelled, overflowing with joy that he had finally been pushed to new heights. "With this, I will wipe all of you fakers off the face of this rock!"

Vegeta flew at Black, who scoffed in annoyance at the Saiyan. He blocked Vegeta's oncoming punch, his eyes widened as he was suddenly sent skidding backward. Summoning his ki blade, Black flung multiple blades in Vegeta's direction as Vegeta charged him, all of which were knocked down by Vegeta, who grinned madly.

Vegeta grabbed Black by his face, surprising the Saiyan Kai as he was suddenly pushed through building after building, pain streaking throughout his body. Vegeta let out a yell as he threw Black up into the air, grabbing him by his ankle and slamming him into the ground. Black gasped, his consciousness slipping for a mere second. His body bounced from the impact, right back into Vegeta's attack as Vegeta slammed him into the ground over and over again.

"You're weak!" Vegeta yelled as he slammed Black into the ground. "You think you're something, but you're not! You're just a faker! Kakarot spent a lifetime honing the strength of that body, only he knows how to utilize it! You're an even bigger fool than him if you think you can master it! You may think you're him, but you're not! He's better than you! And I am better than him!"