Chapter 16 - A Gathering Storm of The Future!?

"Just who the hell is this woman?" a raspy voice demanded, slightly pitched, coming from a man with messy, short grayish-blue hair obscuring his face. He stood, staring intently at the TV before him.

The man wasn't alone in the room. It was a dim, dark bar illuminated by a few fancy neon signs that read "Drink," "Relax," and "Villains." These signs were most likely bought by Kurogiri, a figure composed of swirling purple mist.

The group all sat in their own positions and spots as the static of the TV filled the room.

"A chess piece," the voice on the TV declared, breaking through the ominous static. Though the face couldn't be made out, the voice was unmistakable to those in the dimly lit bar.

"Chess asset?" The woman's icy blue eyes shot a sharp gaze, her tone cutting through the room like a blade. "I am here for one reason: to dominate. Don't mistake me for an ally. Only fools and low-life slaves believe they can control me. I am the leader. I demand blood, corpses, and death beneath my feet." She crossed her arms, revealing a small tattoo above her cleavage, accentuated by her posture. Her glare was unyielding, and her voice commanded absolute authority. "Do we have a deal?"

"Just who do you think you are—" Tomura's hands formed a grappling stance, angered at the woman.

The voice from the TV, distorted by static, crackled. "Quit it, Tomura. Do not worry. Our end of the bargain is even."

The woman said nothing more, retreating to her corner with an air of disdain. 'League of Villains. Such a pathetic, lowly name,' she thought, her lips curling into a scornful smile. 'I am here for one thing: the thrill of the plan and the spectacle of a truly magnificent invasion.' Her expression remained serious and lethal, radiating a cold, unyielding determination.

Beneath her composed exterior, a bloodthirsty urge simmered, gnawing at every nerve in her body with a relentless hunger for carnage.

The woman wasn't the only new member joining the gathering. A high school girl and a man with scarred, burned skin also arrived. The woman recoiled slightly as the stench of his decayed flesh reached her, a look of disgust crossing her face.

"HELLO!!" The blonde girl's face was twisted into an unsettlingly wide smile, her eyes gleaming with manic excitement. "Oh, oh! How thrilling! Hehehe!" Her golden eye glowed ominously as a fang peeked out from beneath her unsettling smile.

The blue-haired woman cast a discerning glance at the teenage girl with the golden eye, noting her youth with a hint of disdain. Disinterested, she retrieved a small booklet from her pocket and began to write, her expression one of boredom.

"These low-lifes," she scrawled with a sharp, deliberate motion, "killing everyone would be pointless. That's not what I agreed to. I will honor my bargain... but it won't be over until I've seen him for myself." she stopped "until I see him for myself..."

. . .

"DEKU!!" Bakugou yelled, his voice bursting with anger. Despite being only fourteen feet apart, his shout echoed as the sun began to set.

Satō's eyes widened before she rolled them in exasperation. "Come on, screw off already. You lost fair and square." She glanced back, carefully analyzing Izuku's arm, now in a cast. "Seriously," she muttered. Turning back to Izuku, she gave him a worried and concerned look. "Let's go, my love. It's..." Her voice trailed off into silence.

"OoOoh," Junko chuckled, her voice dripping with mockery. "Looks like someone's on her period."

"I AM NOT!" Satō's face flushed red with embarrassment at Junko's comment. "I am concerned for my darling! What Bakugo did back there could have seriously put my sweetie's life in danger!" She shook her head, trying to regain her composure. "You're on that yearly week, huh? I bet you take birth control to avoid your monthly cycle. Is everything such a bother to you?"