09 | and i just can't contain this feeling that remains

" there she goes ": the la's

" there she goes "
: the la's

"Five?" Vanya's gentle voice sounded through the halls

'Ah, seems she's woken up,' you thought to yourself as you sipped on your takeout brown coffee, a jelly donut on the other hand. You gotta hand it to Agnes— The woman wasn't a quitter even after a traumatizing event. She even plastered on a smile for you when you bought breakfast even though she sure as hell was shocked when she recognized you.

"Five?" Vanya called out again, but her voice faltered when she noticed there was only you in here. You tried to give her a wave with your hand that was holding a jelly donut, to which she finally returned. "Where's Five?" she meekly questioned, sounding unsure of how to talk to you.

"Oh you know," you shrugged after swallowing the coffee in your mouth, "Had a little argument last night. That man does not rest, let me tell you," you tried to sound lighthearted, but she knew better. "I, uh, bought breakfast for you too," you shifted the topic, setting down your coffee before picking up a paper bag and shaking it. Next to it was also a cup of coffee.

She looked surprised at the notion of you buying breakfast for her, but it's real. You did. And you're inviting her to eat breakfast with you before proceeding with her day. And oddly enough, this was a touching gesture for her. How could she refuse?

So without a word, she sat next to you and unpacked her breakfast. You bought her two donuts, both glazed. One was chocolate while the other was plain. She brought out the plain one first and bit into it. For some reason, this tasted nicer than usual. Probably because she was eating with company. She liked this.

"Oh I'm sorry," she suddenly spoke up and you looked at her with curious eyes, ever so gentle like they were last night. That was very reassuring for her— It's nice to know that your kindness wasn't faked just so Five can inform her of the apocalypse or whatever. "I um.. didn't even ask for your name."

You chuckled at her trivial issue. "It's fine," you reassured her, "I'm sure you had more pressing issues at hand, like finally reuniting with your brother. So I don't really care if you weren't able to ask for my name as you process everything." You then told her your name and she repeated it once as if to test the syllables. You only nodded at her encouragingly as she did. Your expression was so carefree and reassuring, she wonders why and how you seemed to be so close to Five with the obvious contrast between personalities.