Chapter 5

Right now, James is on his way to the royal palace. With each second passing by, he gets more and more nervous. The whole thing is so intimidating to him. Not only does he want Zaleno to like him, he also wants the family to like him. And, not only are they royals but they are also Zaleno's family which means they will evaluate every aspect of him in order to make sure that he is good enough for Zaleno. He thought about cancelling the the picnic but he really likes Zaleno and doesn't want to waste his chance at love. He isn't in love with Zaleno but he feels like can be one day. He finally reaches the gate of the royal palace and sees Zaleno waiting for him just like he promised. Zaleno smirks and says, "Hi, Mr. Cheap. How are you?". James smirked and replied with, "I'm fine. Thank you for asking. What about you, Mr. Cheap Alcoholic. How are you?.". "I'm okay. Thank you for asking. So, what food did you bring?", said Zaleno. James smiled mischievously and said, "I brought toast, butter and jam. Because I wanted to honour my word, you know?". Zaleno chuckled and said, "Haha. Very funny. Seriously though, what did you bring?". "I'm serious. I really brought toast, butter and jam.", said James. Zaleno was taken back. He then said, " wait. Are you serious? I thought you were joking. You really are a Mr.Cheap.". James started laughing and said, "I'm kidding. I was just messing with you. It's true that I brought toast butter and jam but I also brought some Gypitilli dishes for you to try.". Zaleno shook his head and laughed and said, "You asshole. I really thought you brought just toast, butter and jam.". James chuckled and said, "If you used your nose, you would have known I was just messing with you so don't blame me. It's not my fault that you are stupid.". "Hey! I'm not stupid. I just forgot.", said Zaleno. James chuckled again and said, "Sure let's go with that.". "Ughh whatever. Let's just go and have the picnic.", said Zaleno.

As they passed the gates, James watched everything around him. Everything was so beautiful and so elegant. He was mesmerized. He was so mesmerized that he didn't notice there was a lake in front of him till he fell in it. Zaleno looked behind him when he heard the sound of splashing. He saw James and got him out. After he got him out, he started laughing loudly. James swatted him on the arm and said, "It's not funny, you asshole. My clothes and shoes are wet and so is my wallet and the food is ruined.". Zaleno continued laughing and said, "Sorry but you are wrong. It is funny.". James sighed and then laughed and said, "Okay. I admit it. It is funny.". "I told you. Now, we need to get you out of these clothes and into dry ones. Come on". "Okay.", said James.

The started walking in but then James stopped and said, "Wait a second. We can't go in. I can't meet your family for the first time while I'm soaked from head to toe. Please tell me there is a hidden passage that will take us to your room without anyone seeing us.". Zaleno laughed and said, " Sorry but there is no hidden passage. I guess you'll just have to meet them while you are soaked from head to toe.". James looked at him and said, "Why do I feel like even if there was a hidden passage, you wouldn't tell me anyway?". Zaleno turned to him, pointed at his nose and said, "Right on the nose.". James chuckled and said, "You really are an asshole.".