𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

Rhea Royce rides her horse, slowing down when she reaches her cousin, Ser Gerald Royce. Their horses stand side by side while Gerald speaks up. 

"Good morrow, Lady Rhea." Gerald speaks. 

"Cousin." Rhea greets blankly. 

"What's today's quarry? Rabbit?" Gerald questions. 

"Deer." Rhea corrects. 

Gerald makes an impressed facial expression. "Hm. Fine challenge." He praises her gently, his clear affection for his cousin showing. "Care for some company?" 

Rhea spares him a short glance before looking ahead of her. "I'd rather ride alone." She informs before her horse starts moving again. 

Gerald gives a slight nod, glancing after her. "Good fortune to you." 

――――――――――

Rhea rides around the mountain. When she doesn't find any deer, she returns to Runestone. But she stops on the way, seeing a man in a cloak. She doesn't recognize him since she can't see his face. She slowly slows down her horse. 

Once she stops the horse, the man slowly steps closer. 

Rhea glances over at the man. She slightly turns her head to the side, trying to see his face better as she narrows her eyes. "Husband." She greets emotionlessly. 

Daemon eventually stops walking, staring silently. 

"What brings you to the Vale?" Rhea questions. She glances back before looking back, seeing Daemon taking a few small steps closer. "Or have you at last come to consummate our marriage once again? The Vale's sheep might be willing, even if I'm not. Our sheep are prettier, after all. Or perhaps your brother has at last had his fill of your company." She shakes her head slightly, a distasteful look on her face. "Cast you aside in favor of a little girl."

Daemon steps closer, holding out his hand. 

The horse steps back. 

"What will you do now?" Rhea narrows her eyes. "Will you strike the child down? Or-" A look of realization crosses Rhea Royce's face all of suddenly. 

Daemon stares at her expressionlessly. 

Rhea slowly reaches her hand back to pick up her bow. Daemon glances when she touches the bow. Daemon reaches up his hand, causing the horse to fall onto its back, throwing Rhea to the ground and breaking her neck. 

Daemon steps closer, glancing down at Rhea who lies completely still and breathes uneasily and heavily. He observes her for a few seconds. He steps on her arm and when she shows no reaction, he comes to realize he has paralyzed his lady wife. Daemon turns around and begins to walk away from the paralyzed Rhea Royce. 

"I knew you couldn't finish." Rhea calls after him. 

Daemon turns around and glances at her. 

"Craven!" Rhea finishes. 

Daemon looks away from her as he leans down and picks up the biggest and sharpest stone he can find. Rhea whimpers as she slowly sees him nearing her with the stone. 

――――――――――

After Daemon has killed Rhea, he becomes furious upon discovering she is pregnant with his heir and has kept it a secret from him. They finally consummated their marriage many moons back. She must have become impregnated with the child back then. 

And now the Targaryen prince watches the maesters take the armor off his lady wife's deceased body and place her on the bed. From the orders of Daemon, they cut her stomach open, as wide as needed, to take the child out of her stomach and see if the child could be saved. The prince refuses to let Rhea Royce take his child from him. She has already taken a piece of his freedom. He can only hope he does not get another bronze bitch.  

After the maesters get out the child, they carefully and slowly clean the blood off the small and delicate body. They examine the babe, trying to see if it's alive. 

"Well?" Daemon crosses his arms, his tone lacing with impatience. 

After wrapping the babe in a thick blanket to keep her warm, the maester brings the babe closer to Daemon. As soon as he is close enough, Daemon grabs the babe from the maester's arms, holding his child gently. 

"It's a girl, my prince." The maester informs. 

The maesters share nervous glances, knowing the prince most preferable would need a male heir. Not a girl to wed off for alliance, but a son to inherit Runestone from his lady mother, Rhea Royce, and succeed claim on the throne. 

Daemon stays silent, watching his daughter intensively as he holds her close to his chest. He rocks her gently in his arms. 

"Perfect." Daemon states, speaking up after a few moments. 

The maesters stay silent as the wet nurses quietly enter the room. The silver-haired prince pays none of them attention, staring down at his daughter intensively. He never thought a child would bring him joy. Every time Viserys told him about the joy he and Aemma experienced when Rhaenyra was born, he thought it was ridiculous and sentimentally pathetic. But now when he looks down at his daughter, it doesn't feel quite as ridiculous as he ever imagined. 

"She shall be named Daena. After Daenys the Dreamer and after her father. So she can always know that I will never leave her or let her out of my hold." Daemon finalizes.