-3- a chance

100 years later

Henry's pov

I wandered the castle, my 'wife' was asleep. It was 3 am. I looked out the window, it was snowing and I saw the shadow creatures out hunting. I've not heard from my aunt or uncle since I kicked them out. I stay in contact with my sister though, she is enjoying her life with her wife. I continued observing what was happening outside. I noticed something out the corner of my eye a glow coming from the base of one of the mountains. I heard footsteps. "HENRY, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" "I'm trying to plot your murder, what do you want?" "I WANT YOU TO GET BACK IN BED." This women fucking hates me. "I'm coming, get that stick out your ass."

The next day

I walked out of the castle, this kingdom has gone to shit. I'm as bad at running a kingdom as my wife is in bed. I was headed towards the mountain I saw a glow coming from. I got to the foot of the mountain and saw a door leading into it. I went to open the door, for some reason it was unlocked. I walked in. It was a workshop, I saw a dweller elion making something. "How long has this been here?" I asked her. "That voice, you're the stein boy aren't you? I hoped to meet you." "How does a dweller know who I am?" "Your parents, I was hired to sabotage their ship." If I had brought a weapon she wouldn't have had the chance to say another word. "But I didn't. Your aunt and uncle are some devious people. They wanted to make sure I didn't just take their money and run, they wanted to watch me sabotage it. So I sabotaged a different ship, if that ship were to take off it would end with a crash landing, they didn't notice that it was a different ship. The one your parents were in was working fine. I don't understand why they never came back." "Why? Why did you try to save them? I thought you dwellers hated us." "While my kind hate you guys, I don't. I see no reason to kill anyone. Their was someone else who wanted to hire me to get at your parents. They asked for something that would let them control any living thing, I refused." "What was this person called?" "Tarnish or nishtar as they try to make people believe." "Thank you, Mrs?" "Just call me the engineer, it's what everyone calls me anyway." "Thank you for that information and for allowing my parents a chance to survive the trip to that nowhere planet, Mrs engineer." I walked out of the workshop, I had to prepare for something.