// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part seventy-seven

warning: body horror

»»——⍟——««

       Goku's vision came and went, bright lights flashing in his vision despite the dark setting. A streak of pain throughout his body caused him to jolt, forcing his consciousness back as he struggled to move. He had been so close, if only they hadn't expended so much energy as Vegito, he would've won.

As Goku's hearing came back to him, he realized the flashing lights were not just his eyesight trying to go out. Trunks and Gohan fought together, though hopelessly as Zamasu easily tanked their attacks. Zamasu smacked Gohan, his body going limp as he flew into a building. He fell to the ground, the thudding sound of his body hitting the ground making Goku's body jump. Goku tried to tilt his head just enough to lay eyes on Gohan, but was surprised to see Shin running toward Goku, straight through the battlefield.

"Goku!" Shin called out, dropping to his knees before him, quickly moving to heal him. Holding out his palms, Shin passed along just enough healing energy for Goku to jump to his feet. "W-Wait, you're not fully—"

"Go heal Gohan," Goku spoke as he ripped off his shredded orange top. "I'll be fine. I'm going to end this."

Goku glared up at Zamasu as he fought with Trunks. Zamasu huffed in annoyance, slapping Trunks away, before dusting himself off, muttering about filthy mortals. His attention turned as he glanced to the side, spotting Goku. Goku transformed into his Super Saiyan Blue form, combining his Kaioken on top of it. Zamasu scoffed at the sight, rolling his eyes.

"Why won't you stay down? Why do you refuse to die, even when all hope is lost?" Zamasu questioned, glaring down at Goku. Goku chuckled, spitting out a mouthful of blood.

"Just cause you stole my girl," Goku said, making Zamasu's eyes widen. He stifled a laugh, before bursting out into laughter.

"A fine choice for last words, I must admit. I did indeed "steal your girl"," Zamasu chuckled. His smile faded though as he glared down at Goku. Goku smirked, looking down at the aura surrounding him. This was it.

Goku let out a yell as he began to power up as much as he could, the ground shaking beneath his feet. His show of effort caught the others' attention, particularly Vegeta's as he watched Goku focus all of his energy into his right hand.

"W-Wait, that idiot couldn't possibly..." Vegeta muttered, connecting the dots as his eyes widened. This was Goku's last stand.

Goku's aura disappeared as he put every ounce of his power into the palm of his hand. Straining to contain it, Goku looked up to Zamasu with a smirk. Zamasu eyed the aura in the palm of Goku's hand, before chuckling.

Taking a deep breath, Goku smiled. His plan couldn't fail. Sliding his leg across the ground, Goku took off toward Zamasu. Zamasu grinned widely, flying at Goku as well. Just as the two were about to meet, Goku let out a chuckle, surprising Zamasu as Goku disappeared.

Zamasu suddenly felt Goku's presence behind him, whipping around to meet his eyes. Goku held his hand out, his energy gone, restored to his body. Holding his arm up, his palm facing Zamasu, Goku smiled.

"Sorry I'm giving this technique such a bad name, Lord Beerus, but I'll be using it now," Goku spoke, a confident smile on his face. Zamasu's eyes widened at the mention of Beerus, confused, having no time to question as Goku used his special technique. "HAKAI!"