prologue

To be a Paladin is to be a fiercesome warrior. A force to be reckoned with. A protector, unlike traditional soldiers.

Being a Paladin was an honor. A rank only few succeeded in achieving. It was something to be proud of, seeing as it made Ahnerovans stand out from the crowd. 

These aliens were the strongest of their kind—the ones who'd be called if an enemy were to interfere with their home planet, Ahnerova. 

With them, the alien race was practically immortal. Powerful. 

They were the columns sustaining an intergalactic civilization that made humans look like cavemen. With Paladins, the Ahnerovans built and innovated, creating machines that primitive minds couldn't begin to comprehend. 

Their domain expanded throughout their home planet, gaining power over its resources and the rest of its inhabitants. They didn't rule with an iron fist, but they were efficient. 

Their progress caught the attention of a distant civilization that rivaled their lifestyle. They didn't have a name, but Ahnerovans simply called them Onfae- scum, in their native language. Scum because of their ample attempts to steal technology that wasn't theirs. 

Paladins defended Ahnerova from the Onfae. They fought them no matter the circumstance. 

Almost always, the Paladins succeeded. 

Almost. 

Until an Ahnerovan did the unthinkable.

He betrayed his own.