Chapter 2

When the rangers finally stopped in front of me, I remembered that I had brought along my untested biodegradable smoke bombs. I looked down at my bag before looking back at the rangers.

"I think that you should come back with us to the command center." said Bridge. "We can help you."

I then reached inside my bag, grabbing my smoke bombs. I studied the green ranger carefully, wondering what he was trying to do. "Or what? What will you do in order if I don't comply?" I asked him and the others. "The five of you are gonna give me a long lecture? I've had a lot of those. Place me in containment for a couple of years? I doubt it."

The rangers looked at each other before turning their attention back to me. "You don't know what I have to deal with on a daily basis at the orphanage." I told them. "I'm an outcast and I will always be an outcast because of what I can do. Kids tease me every single day my entire life and they beat me up for it. I don't think you can help me no matter how hard you try."

Before the rangers could react, I hurled my smoke bomb towards the ground and right at their feet. As they were coughing from the harmless effects of my smoke bomb, I couldn't help but run in fear, all the way out of the base. I went back to the orphanage to gather more of my things and more supplies.

I was able to grab a duffle bag and stuff as many articles of clothing as possible. After I packed the last piece of clothing that I had into the bag, I took one last look around what was my room and climbed back out the window.

Once on the ground, I started running towards the park and come up with a new plan on how I was going to spend the rest of my life. Stopping at the park, I was finally able to catch my breath again, not realizing that I was being followed again by someone else. Walking over one of the tables, I sat down and pulled out a granola bar from my bag. While munching on the granola bar, I started thinking aloud.

"What am I going do to from now on? I need to have a plan of action in case I'm dragged back to S.P.D again by one of the rangers." I said to myself. "I can't go back there by myself and confess to them about what I did. I can feel that their boss would be angry with me. Ugh! This is so confusing!"

I hung my head as I placed my elbows on the table. "I wish that there was someone other than the yellow ranger who could explain to me about my gift. I want to know why I have it." I said to myself. While I was thinking aloud to myself about what to do next, someone came up behind me.

"Why did you run away from the base today, Aurora?" the person behind me asked.

Upon hearing the voice, I dropped the half-eaten granola bar that I was holding and jumped up to my feet from where I was sitting, thinking that they had a weapon aimed at my back. "Whoever you are, don't hurt me!" I screamed with my hands in the air. "I don't own anything valuable on my person. Only the clothes and things that I need."

I then turned around to face who was behind me, only to find out that it was the same woman who looked idiosyncratically familiar to me. I was completely taken back by what she had said while also curious at the same time. As I was looking at her, I started to see some of the exact same facial features on her that I have on my face.

"I don't get it." I said to her. "You look so familiar to me, like someone who's been in my dreams and yet I don't even know you. Who are you exactly? How do you know me and how do you know my name?"

"I have known you ever since you were a baby." she said as I cautiously walked up to her at a slow pace. "It's a long story. One that I would have to tell you at another time."

"You sure about that? People made promises to me and some of them don't keep their word." I tell her.

"I'm sure." the woman replied. "Besides, if I tell you that story now, you wouldn't believe me without actual evidence. Right now, I think you owe a friend of mine as well as the rangers, an explanation about what you did with that dumpster."