1-20

☆ 1. Chapter 1: Evocation

font record

Contents next chapter

Chapter 1: Soul-Calling

Guzhi Town, the sound of bells came from the Anjia compound. Along with the ringing of the bells, a big man wearing a patch of coarse linen kept chanting: "Mu'er, come back. "Come on, Mu'er, let your soul return to its place..."

In front of him was a long bench with pits on it, on which were placed relatively fresh fruits, a steamed bun, a bowl of rice, and a piece of fat and thin pork. There are three sticks of incense stuck on these things, and a relatively expensive bracelet is placed in the middle.

In front of the stool was a somewhat blackened table, on which lay an eight-year-old girl with a pale complexion. Her hair was messy, and her clothes were patched and stained with mud.

"Wuwu... Mu'er..."

Behind the big man, a woman covered her mouth and tried not to cry out, disturbing the ongoing ceremony.

The hen that was catching insects in the corner suddenly crowed, and the woman was startled. The door to the side yard had been kicked open, "It's been two hours of work, and the grass in the field has not been removed, and new seeds have not been planted. You guys Why are you being lazy!"

The An family in Guzhi Town has two elders still alive, four sons and one daughter, all of whom are married. The person who came was Chang, the daughter-in-law of the eldest son of the An family, and the crying woman was from the An family. An Yongxiao, the only daughter of the two elders.

Mrs. Chang cursed and walked up to An Yongxiao, glanced at the things on the bench, and said: "This bracelet was handed down from my ancestors. I am blind to be able to use you to do such unlucky things. The time has come. Pay me back quickly, plus interest..."

"Sister-in-law, stop talking." The man who came in from behind and dressed in a more elegant manner stopped him: "My sister's daughter just left, don't irritate her anymore."

The person who spoke was An Yongyi, the second son of the second elder of the An family.

After that, he opened and closed his mouth, and after some hesitation, he said to the tearful woman: "Sister, there is no resurrection after death. Let each of our families contribute some money to bury An Mu properly."

An Yong Xiaoyi Hearing, he beat his chest again and felt uncomfortable, "How could Mu'er die? She is still so young. I haven't even seen her grow up yet. I..." "

What are you talking about? That stupid daughter of yours can't do farm work." He's good at work, but he's not very good at what he says. He just smiles all day long. Now that he's dead, he can save some food for his family."

Mrs. Chang continued to curse at An Yongyi: "Everyone contributes some money? You can't think of it. , do you, the third bedroom, have any private money hidden? If you have any, hand it over as soon as possible. Our An family doesnt have enough food and clothing every day, and why should we bury a fool? Why dont we just throw her into the ravine behind the mountain?"

"You...how could you say such a thing!" An Yongxiao's eyes were filled with tears, and his voice became extremely hoarse.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with me? Soul summoning requires noble things. If you have the ability, return the jade bracelet to me now. Do you still want to lose your temper with me? Remember, this is the An family and I am the boss. The big house that gave birth to three sons!"

Ms. Chang held her head high, wishing that the whole world knew that she had given birth to three sons for the An family.

This is what she is most proud of, and it is also the reason why she can become the most influential person in Anjia today.