Chapter 6

"I'm so jealous of you," Selene had said to Alexis. It had been a few minutes after her encounter with the commander and now was being escorted to the living quarters, "you got to have a private conversation with commander!"

"Is that a good thing," Alexis asked. She knew a few things about science wielders but nothing to this extent.

Selene gave a chuckle, "it's better than good," Alexis was still confused, "don't tell me you haven't heard about the Exterminator."

Alexis cringed at that name. To the magic wielders, the Exterminator was a ruthless murderer who was said to have no heart, "of course I've heard of the Exterminator."

Selene stepped in front of her, "then you should know that Commander Gold is the Exterminator," Alexis went wide eye at the Sergeant's statement, "my fiancé is his apprentice," she said smugly.

"I didn't realise you were engaged," Alexis joked as she passed her. She didn't notice a ring when they first met.

"He proposed a while ago," Selene tried to catch up, "and in the most romantic way a soldier can," they arrived at the command ship which had landed next to the city, "every officer has a cabin," she pulled up her sleeve revealing a tattoo of an atom and the ship scanned it, "Commander Gold has assigned you a room on deck 20, number 771."

They parted ways and to Alexis's surprise, she didn't go through any scans or bio-locks.

Alexis entered room 771 to find it quite spacious. A single bed on the far wall with a screen behind it depicting a beach. The floor was covered in a light blue and white carpet and a bathroom was just to the right. Other than that their was no furniture.

She walked around but stopped as a couch materialised right in front of her, "you can call anything you want," she turned to see a young man with midnight black hair and glasses. He wore a royal blue waistcoat, "hey."