Looking Out for the Sword

MAVIS POV

I know this is dangerous and anything can happen there but we have to do this. I sighed and said, "Professor, how are we going to reach to the sword? I mean after getting there, we don't know where the sword is kept." I tried to explain. Professor MacGonagall took out a parchment and held it in front of us. "This is like a map, which will help you to reach the sword." she said and we nodded. James took the map and looked at me. "Let's do this." he said and I nodded. We both turned back to where the portkey was. James held my hand and took the key and as soon as he touched it, we Both started Falling deeper. I suddenly started feeling nauseous and dizzy and suddenly we landed with a thud, which most probably had broken my few bones, I am sure of it. James got up and helped me to get up. We both looked around and it was complete darkness. "Where the hell are we?" I asked him still holding onto him. "I don't know. But we need to light it up first." He said and took out his wand. "Lumos." He said and I copied him after that. We both started walking to God knows where.

After few minutes, still we didn't saw anything let alone be the Sword. "If we keep walking like this I am sure we are not going to make it soon." James said and I agreed. Then I took out the parchment that MacGonagall gave us and opened it. WTF!! "What the hell." I looked at James and he was having the same expression. "Did she gave us the wrong parchment?" He said and took it and started examining it and here inside me panic was started to grow. What if the attacker reached at the Sword first? What if we were unable to get the hold of the Sword before him? What if-. My thoughts were interrupted when James said, "I think I can see something." I frowned at looked at the paper and surely there were few drawings or something made on the paper. "Is it a door?" I asked him. He shook his head and said, "I don't know. But we need more light to see it clearly." Before he could do anything else I grabbed his hand and started walking forward. "What are you doing? We haven't even confirmed it yet." He said but I ignored him and kept walking forward. "If we stopped there to confirm everything, then I am sure the Sword will be gone till we reach there." I said to him and left his hand and kept walking.

After few minutes of walking, we could see something very big in front of us. Before James could say anything, I ran to it. "Mavis, stop." he protested but I didn't listen. When I reached there, I felt like as if we haven't lost yet. We can still save the sword. When James reached there and he checked the map. I also looked at it and it was showing the door only in front of which we were standing right now. "So, shall we go?" He asked and I breathed out. "Let's go." I replied. James kept the map inside his cloak. He then looked at me and after that he went and opened the door's lock and held it's one handle and just after him I held the another one and we both pushed the door for it to open. When the door was completely opened, we both went inside not looking back at all.

Author's POV

They opened the door and went inside not even looking back. But little did they know, the door was not that easy to open.

"Lumos Maxima" James said and the light from his wand increased. "James, check the map. There must be something else." Mavis said and he nodded and took out the map and to their surprise the map was now clearly visible. "How did that happen?" Mavis asked. James didn't said anything, he just stared at the map. "The light, when it was dim we were just able to make out the pictures but now we can see everything clearly." James said and Mavis looked at him in amazement. "What happened?" he asked her. "Nothing, just surprised because I didn't knew that you were this smart." Mavis said while smirking. "There are many things you don't know about me." he said and winked at her. "Rubbish, after Fred I think I am the only one who knows you better. I am not talking about your family because they do better. But in friends I am the only one who knows you better than you know yourself." she said while smiling. "We will see that later, but right now let's focus on this." he said and ruffled her hair. "I told you to not do that." she said while glaring at him.

833 words

Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to vote for the chapter and share your thoughts in the comments.

Bye bye my Potterheads