⁰¹. ᴵᵍⁿᵒʳᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᴵˢ ᴮˡⁱˢˢ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝘐𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘴

IMANI LOVED THE MORNINGS. It felt like admitting something like that came as taboo amongst her schoolmates. After all, every teenager hated the idea of school in itself. They hated it more because they had to wake up in the early hours of the morning to get to school. It didn't entice them to do the things they were already lazy to do after school.

But not Imani. She got up early enough to make herself and her Father coffee and breakfast. Able to see the older man off before she sat on her fire escape to listen to the morning traffic and feel the gentle freeze bristle through her curls. It was one of the only normal pieces of her day that were sacred. Even her father knew not to interrupt the serenity.

Yet, much like other kids her age, she did hate school.

Many times she considered hiding on the top of her apartment building and staying there for the day. Becoming a complete ghost to everyone around her in the blissful ignorance that she was well aware of. Still, it never proved to be enough for her to care.

And Imani was considering just staying home for the day. Willing to take the brunt of her Father's frustration in exchange for having a peaceful and relaxed day. It was tempting. If it helped avoid Peter Parker, then she was willing to take it.

The late morning arc the sun was hitting was a telltale sign of this being around the time she would leave. Rays from the star-hitting her plants at the exact moment she would water them before climbing out her window, and float down to the alley.

So, she had made plans to clean her room and then clean the rest of the apartment to make her Dad's return home easy. It's the least she could do.

Gentle taps were heard at her window, and she turned to it to find her elementary best friend. His large grin didn't deter one of her own from appearing as she tossed her phone onto her bed and walked open. Undoing the latches and peeling the window open enough for the boy's head to peek through. That wild grin always complimented the mischievous brown orbs that would always twinkle with an outlandish idea.

"You need to learn to go to my front door, Adam. This is getting redundant," Imani stated, hands bracing the edge of her desk dividing her from her window.

Adam frowned, lips twitching. "Have you seen your Dad? Robert would likely snap me in half if he saw me out of pure excitement. Might even ruin my letterman jacket."

She scoffed. "If anything, he'd be doing the world a favour. This-" she motioned to the blue and gold jacket, -"isn't doing you any positives, sir."

"What do you mean? Do you see this thing? It just accentuates my alpha male figure," he boasted childishly, flexing.