can't keep my promises

can't keep my promises by jungonebad on ao3.

On first of September, Beomgyu promised that he won't get in any trouble at school. Both of his parents heard that, as well as his half deaf grandmother, so he really needed to stick to his words. Especially because Beomgyu just got accepted to one of the best universities in Seoul - illegally.

After seeing his admission test results, Beomgyu cried in bed while eating two gallons of ice cream. His father, being a wealthy businessman he was, decided to do something about it and offered the rector a hefty amount of money. And just like that, Beomgyu got a false scholarship and a smile on his face. It wasn't that easy though, because just a single mistake could get him expelled. And while Beomgyu wasn't a bad kid, he got unwanted attention frequently, mostly because of his playful nature.

While others were focused on lessons like normal kids would, Beomgyu always had a tough time with that, and his thoughts unwillingly slipped away. Growing up, he was often seen disrupting other kids from work, as well as throwing paper planes around the class, just for the thrill of it. And while Beomgyu stopped being that obnoxious and turned a little bit more introverted, he still had a tendency to act out. Sometimes he wondered how much it would take for him to go down the wrong path. He felt like all he needed was a tiny bit of bad influence, and he'd fall down a rabbit hole without even realizing it.

Luckily for him, Beomgyu had Taehyun. His best friend was there for him all through high school, and he made sure to protect him from anything even remotely bad - maybe more than Beomgyu would like him to. But of course, he was very thankful to have him in his life, because Taehyun became one of the few people that Beomgyu actually trusted. Being that rich, it was hard to find friends that didn't like him just because of money.

On first of September, Beomgyu decided to keep his financial status hidden because of that reason.

Of course, Taehyun told him off.

"You can't do that," Taehyun shook his head. They were currently unpacking lugagge at their brand new shared dorm, because Taehyun was accepted to the same university as Beomgyu - legally. He was incredibly smart, plus he played basketball, so he could easily represent their university later on. Beomgyu wished that he was half as talented as Taehyun, but sadly, God had clear favourites.

"And why is that?" Beomgyu raised his eyebrows, sitting down on a bed that he chose as his own a few minutes ago.

"Because people will find out eventually, and you'll look like a fool," Taehyun responded so casually, like he was absolutely sure of his answer. And Beomgyu almost listened to him, but he was stubborn as hell, so he decided to do his own thing all over again.

"I promise they won't. It's fine, Tae."

.....

On first of October, Beomgyu broke one of his promises.

He really didn't mean to. The whole thing happened so quickly and Beomgyu wanted to dissapear from this world, forever and ever. He wasn't the person he made himself to be, and apart from being thoroughly embarassed, he couldn't stop thinking about that one person he met roughly a month ago.

It wasn't right.

Beomgyu didn't sleep around with people.

It all started when he met Yeonjun for the first time - a pretty boy archetype with hair slicked back and eyes full of recklessness, like he didn't give a damn about anything or anyone. He was a part of Taehyun's basketball team, a well established student whom everyone liked. Beomgyu could easily understand why, since Yeonjun was so charming even off court. He greeted everyone with a huge smile and a pat on their back, and wore outstanding fashion that hugely contrasted with Beomgyu's oversized hoodies and track pants. Simply put, Beomgyu was over the heels with Yeonjun from the moment he layed his eyes on that guy, and may have cheered for him louder than he ever did for Taehyun.