009. the fall of the prison.

( tw! described death scene )

CHAPTER NINE,
the fall of the prison.

THE FOUR YOUNG TEENAGERS ARE SITTING AT THE PICNIC TABLES. Drew and Apollo sat across from Carl and Beth, the four of them wrapped up in a card game. It was a game that Drew, Apollo, and Cass used to play in middle school; called War.

The four of them have a deck of cards in hand, split equally and all faced down. The pile in the middle though is faced up. They go counterclockwise and it's Carl's turn, he flips his own card over and into the pile.

Beth goes next, the three of them watching in anticipation. When the blonde flips over her card and reveals a Jack, everyone goes to smack their hands over the card.

Or better yet on each other.

"Aw, man!"

"Seriously?"

Small whines from the three as they realized Apollo was the first one to reach the Jack card. Meanwhile, Apollo had a big grin on his face, and he went to grab all the cards in the pile, shuffling them into his own.

The teenagers go to play another round, they don't even see the explosive go over their heads and land an explosion into the prison bricks. Beth screams at the sound causing Drew and Apollo to move to the other side of the picnic table, covering the young boy and the Greene girl with their own bodies.

No one knew where it came from and that's what mostly scared them.

Drew dares to look up first, searching around, and sees that past the field, behind the fences there were unknown men, women and a tank. He noticed that they all had weapons too.

He takes an inhale, standing up first and walking closer to the fence. Immediately not liking how this could possibly plan out. He feels the three of them walking up behind him, taking their own glance.

Suddenly, "Get back!" Rick's voice yelled out. Their heads whipped around, seeing the others running out of the cell blocks and over to them. Drew sees his dad and the boy jogs over to him, their bodies rush together, and share a hug.

Apollo stands closely behind while Beth and Carl jog over to their blood family too. Once Roman takes notice of the Maxwell boy, he pats his son's back and backs away to hug the other boy. Apollo might not have been his biological son but he was family.