A bad Game begins

I awoke sluggishly and felt Sam's arms holding me before I could open my eyes, but I sensed from his breathing that he must be awake too.

"Sam?"

"Hm?"

"What time is it?"

"If you wake up, probably too early."

"Lazy person," I replied with a smile and sat up a little in his arms, which he commented on with a disapproving sound. "Holy sparks," I now used his phrase and Sam immediately sat next to me.

"What is it?" he asked, alarmed.

"We have to be at your parents' in half an hour!"

"Oh?!" he replied with a grin and I looked at him questioningly before peeling myself out of bed and throwing a bathrobe over myself.

"What do you mean with Oh?"

"You're usually such an early riser," he replied with a grin and pulled on his boxers.

"It certainly wasn't my fault, you glutton."

"I didn't hear you complaining, more on the contrary," he replied with a grin and took me in his arms to kiss my neck, which immediately clouded my senses again.

"I wouldn't even now if we didn't have another date with your parents."

"Then let's try out your shower today and really together this time," he replied with a grin and pulled me into the bathroom with him.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------

"You're too late!" Padrig greeted us tonelessly as we entered the kitchen, where everyone had been waiting for us because we had brought the rolls with us.

"25 minutes, to be exact. I hope you've had enough fun?" Jenni agreed.

"It'll never be enough, but it's enough for now," Sam replied with a grin and was about to kiss me on the cheek when I nudged him in the ribs with my elbow. "What?"

"I thought you weren't bragging?!"

"That's right, I don't have to. Everyone can see that I have the most wonderful, beautiful and enchanting woman at my side that has ever seen the light of day," he replied and then kissed me.

"Why don't you tell me things like that?" We turned to Bronwyn, who was glaring at her husband, who was now sitting there perplexed.

"I thought you knew that I thought of you like that?" Charlie now defended himself.

"Take a close look at them. That's how marriage works once you've been married for a few years. Things only get better when the children are out of the house and retirement comes," Padrig now objected, chewing, and received another blow admonishment from his wife for this.

"That's not an option for me. How could I forget how wonderful she is in Penny's presence and not show it to her every day?" Sam said fervently and I absolutely believed his word that our relationship would never be boring or would become self-evident. I put a hand on his cheek and kissed him softly, so touched was I by his words.

"You're not exaggerating again, are you?" Sarah interjected. "I'm really happy for you and you're such a sweet couple, but this smooching session is really disgusting."

"I absolutely agree with my sister," James objected.

"We'll be able to control ourselves," Sam muttered grumpily while I tried to suppress a smile.

"Can you help us pack right now? We wanted to prepare everything today and bring to the boat what we no longer need n here," Jenni asked us.

"We have to check the Cafe, but of course we also take boxes down to the harbor," Bronwyn objected.