Working Late -_-

~Christina~

She set her bag down on the ground after closing, and locking the front door behind her.
"Christina!" She heard her name being called and she rolled her eyes. It was probably her mother getting ready to introduce her to her boyfriend of the week. Christina made her way down the, long dark hallway before entering the large living room. Every time she entered the room she would stare at the dark green walls and admire how well they matched the shiny, brown wooden floors. This time, she ignored that and just looked at her mother, Jen, who was sitting on the couch in a black business suit. Her right leg was crossed over the left while she placed her iphone in the large brief case next to her.
"Where are you going?" Christina folded her arms over her chest and shifted her weight onto her left leg. She watched as her mother fixed her blonde hair before standing up.
"I'm gonna' be working late tonight. I'll be back around eleven." Jen dusted off her suit one last time. Christina dropped her arms to her sides.
"But you worked late last night." She whined. Jen sighed and placed her hands on her daughter's shoulders.
"I know, I know but you know how my boss is. If I don't go in he'll kill me."
"Isn't your boss like 22?"
"Yes, but that doesn't mean that I don't have to take him seriously." Jen kissed Christina's forehead and grabbed her brief case. She scanned the room before leaving the room with a smile on her face. Christina shook her head and plopped down on the couch that her mother was just sitting on.
Jen always worked late, but had no choice. She worked for the fortune 500 company that everyone knows as Microsoft. Her boss seemed to be extremely strict about her schedule even though he knew that she had a 16 year old daughter at home that she never got to spend time with. Christina had never met him, but he wasn't really her favorite person. Even though Christina knew that Jen loved her, she just wished that she had more time with her.
Christina shrugged it off and slid her phone out of her back pocket. She hated being alone with no one to talk to so she always called someone to come over when her mom was out. After searching for he cousin's name she pressed the green button on her touch screen. She held the phone up to her ear and waited about three rings until her cousin answered.
"Hello?" A deep voice came through the phone.
"Danni, you should come keep me company." Christina responded. She heard a slight chuckle.
"Is your mom workin' again?"
"Yeah, until 11 this time."
"Okay, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes." Danni hung up the phone.
Christina felt that Danni was the only guy that she could trust. He was her cousin and also her best friend. She always had trouble letting guys into her life, especially after the day her father left.
She was only 10 years old but she remembered it like it was yesterday. She was up in her bedroom doing her times tables. She trying to think about what 12 times nine was but she was struggling. She remembered hearing the loud yelling that made her lose concentration. She got angry and made her way downstairs to where she saw her mother throwing glass plates at her father who was dodging every single one. Her jaw dropped when she saw her mother sobbing and her father just swearing at her like there was no tomorrow. Everything else was a blur until she saw her dad grab his jacket. He told her mother that he was never coming back but she didn't take it seriously. Somehow Christina knew that he was being serious. She got side eyes and grabbed onto his leg. He tried shaking her off while begging him not to leave. She knew that he wouldn't just be leaving her mom, but he would be leaving her too. And she didn't know what she may have done to make him forget about her.