Chapter Four

Ellie's POV

"Is the traffic always like this here?" I asked, holding onto the handle by the door of the car for dear life.

Rosie has been moving forward a foot every 30 seconds then slamming her foot on the brake making me almost launch from the passenger seat every time.

"Yes it's a bit chaotic innit?" Rosie chuckled. "We're almost there." She said patting my leg then turned her attention back to look at the road.

I sighed and looked out my window at the large buildings and cars everywhere. This city is loud and vibrant and full of life. Everything was so new and so far from everything I know.

I all of a sudden felt so small. A panic had overcome me in the last 20 minutes as we got closer and closer to the field. I wasn't as worried before I left my apartment but now meeting a whole team of people felt daunting. What if they don't like me?

I blame Rosie's inept handling of the brake for putting me into somewhat of an anxious state.

When we finally pulled into the parking lot next to the training center I let out a small sigh of relief. I climbed out of the vehicle as quickly as possible hoping the farther I distanced myself from it the less anxious I'd feel.

I need to remind myself to avoid getting back in that woman's car if at all possible.

"Come on Love!" Rosie said excitedly, taking my hand in hers and pulling me towards the building. She pulled out yet another key card and buzzed us into the building.

"You'll be issued one of these today." Rosie winked and led me inside. She pointed out different rooms that I definitely wouldn't remember and finally led me into the locker room where most of the team were already changing into their training kits.

A lot of their eyes averted to me and Rosie as we walked in. That nervous feeling amplified in my chest making my heart beat speed up exponentially.

"Morning ladies! This is Ellie!" Rosie announced. If anyone wasn't looking at me when we walked in they sure are now.

I scanned the room and gave everyone a shy smile, putting my hands behind my back awkwardly. I desperately wanted this introduction to end. That was until my eyes locked a pair of green ones.

Rain Cloud was standing in the corner of the room with her arms crossed already in her training kit. She towered over almost everyone in the room by a good couple of inches and my eyes couldn't help but to be dragged to her distinct shape. And by distinct I mean incredibly attractive of course. She is so fit it's ridiculous.

I could only do a quick scan with everyone's eyes on me including hers which were studying me closely.

Everything about her was so... dominating. The long scar on her face, the tattoos on her arms, the way she stood. Having that commanding woman's attention solely on me made me feel...

"Nice to have you with us! I'm Misty!" A voice said, pulling me from my thoughts, making me jump slightly.

The girl is about an inch taller than me and somehow still managed to make her way in front of me without me noticing. Well maybe I was a bit distracted.

"Oh, uh-hi. Ellie." I introduced myself, abruptly holding out a hand for her to shake.

She giggled and ignored my hand, opting to pull me into a hug instead. Instead of making things ten times more awkward the hug was weirdly calming and made my pounding heart calm down a little.