I forgot

"So, basically I add in this bolt and the whole thing will light itself up."

"Yep, basically it was because of the storm. That thing really took a hit on your house Amelie."

"Right. Well, then thanks for helping me out, Peridot."

"No problemo."

Peridot, also known as the green dorito. She has been helping many people with the electricity due to the storm that hit a few days ago.

It's been a while since I visited Spinel.

I haven't seen her around anywhere, but I know that she has been doing alright. That's what Pearl told me when I saw her around the block.

It's been about a week to be exact. I've been working online trying to finish a poster for some agency. After all the money was running out. Too much food ordering at home makes the money fly.

To make matters worse it was that time of the month again. March comes in like a lion. That ain't a joke.

"Ugh~"

"How I wish I were to not have periods- Darn gem. Why can't you be useful!"

"Cure my pain right now."

Nothing happened.

I've been inspecting my gem more often. It's been in the same position and never really did anything. I thought I would have some sort of special powers like Steven but nope. Nothing, it's like my powers are hibernating or something. Maybe I am being betrayed.

-knock,knock,knock-

Huh?

"Who is it?"

"Amelie? You home?"

Spinel?! What is she? Um- Alright, lemme just fix this and this. Close these tabs and um ouch- My stomach...

"Amelie you there? *sigh* Never mind."

"No! Hold on, I'm home just give me a minute I was doing something."

"Alright?"

"Shoot shoot shoot!"

"Huh?"

"Nothing!"

Okay, clean here and there. Oml!

Okay. Let's open the door. Focus!

I slap my face and finally open the door in front of me.

"Heeey~"

"Oh, hey." She sheepishly set her hand behind her neck. Glancing at me awkwardly delighted.

Spinel had a pink jacket on along with a hat that was backwards. She didn't need to add in much to change her appearance. Her original self was being covered by a pinkish jacket. She looked pretty cute. That backwards hat made it the extra final touch she needed.

Now that I think about it, she looks adorable in any situation.

"Wow, you look very cute."

"Thanks." she entered sheepishly answering back with a tint of blush on her cheeks.

"So, what's the sudden appearance for?"

"I just wanted to see ya." She answered.

She seemed curious about what I was doing before opening the door.

"What were you doing?" She asked as she plopped herself down on the couch I had.

"I was working on a poster for this agency. Actually, I was about to turn it in, but I went to the bathroom and then came back. That's when I heard the knocks on the door."

I said as I too sat down on my chair to finish the work I should have been done with.

I was sitting on the main table where the kitchen was. Having my computer on the table.

"Oh, so did I interrupt you. Gee, sorry for that."

"No need. I was already finished. See *click* tada! Done. No more work."

Closing the computer, I leave it on the table and then stand up to sit next to Spinel, but before I could she stopped me.

"Um, Amelie."

"What's wrong? Did something happen."

There was no denying that she looked unwell. But I didn't want to jump to conclusions yet.

I could see her leg bouncing up and down. What's up with that?

"Spinel, you, okay? You look a bit uneasy."

"I- I Dunno. I just don't know what I am doing. Like I was eating some chocolates and then I was around little homework n stuff but then I saw Pearl with Garnet talking about sum and then I thought about you and came here to check on you so-"

"Wow, wow, wow. Hold your horses down Spinel. Listen here, I can assure you I am fine if you are feeling uneasy for me. Also, it's okay if you want to see me. No need to explain to me or anything. That's what friends are for. If you want to come see me, then so be it. I am always willing to have time for you."

"¿Ya sure?"

"Aww, you goof. Come here."

"Mkay."

Spinel stood up and reached to hug me. No tangled stretchy limbs this time.

No squeezing either. Just a simple hug.

"By the way. I spoke with the diamonds. They said that your mom was called, "Spina.""

"Huh! You're kidding me right now, right."

"No-uh. I saw how discouraged you were for not knowing anything about your mom. So, I asked for the diamonds when you left. Blue told me that she used to be a testing Spinel. To see if they were worth the time. Spina was White Diamonds Spinel!"

"Oh my god- Wow, wait, so how did she get here?"

"That I don't know. Blue and Yellow don't know about it and White well she said she doesn't remember. She was too busy with other stuff at the time."

"Well, thanks anyway." I nodded as I hugged her back again.

"No problem."

"Anyways, I-"

"Amelie?! Are you alright? What's wrong? Why are you crouching down?"

"My, stomach- pain..."

"Huh!"

Spinel quickly lifted me up unsure of what to do. She seemed very anxious. Moving back and forth. I thought I would throw up before anything to be honest.

"Spinel, just- put me in- the . . . . bed."

"Where's that thing called bed!"

"Upstairs-"

"RIGHT!"

"Here?"

"Yep. Ugh. I'm fine, I just need to sleep a bit."

"Sleep? Oh, right you gotta close your eyes and stay still."

"Yeah, were ya learn that?"

"Garnet told me. But she never mentioned this behavior."

"It's called periods. It's something we female humans have. Although I am half gem I still get these dams. ouch. damn cramps."

"Oh, um- alrighty? What can I do for ya then?"

"Nothing. You can leave if you want to."

"Ya kidding, I ain't leaving you like this. You look like an old sack of potatoes."

Spinel sat down next to my bed and stayed there. She watched over me. At first, I thought I would never fall asleep but soon I started to drift away.

Darn it, if only I hadn't forgotten I had cramps.