Movie time

She was looking around some family photos I took when me and my parents went to Nevada.

"I'll be back, I just need to get myself into something more comfortable."

I picked up the pace and went upstairs. My bedroom was at the end of the hall.

I tried to secure the lock so if anything, Spinel wouldn't enter. I also closed the windows. No freaks would see me from outside, I winced.

Going back to my last memory of Spinel. I remember the awkward way here. I can't believe I said that to her omg.

No, Get yourself together. She is your new best friend. Well, maybe not that new but it doesn't matter.

I bounced myself up and down getting my pj's on. I also changed my socks into a new pair that was fuzzier and way more comfortable.

I opened the door heading back downstairs to meet me with a curious Spinel messing around with the bean bag I had.

"It's for sitting if you are wondering." I said to her as I went to the couch.

I took the control remote and turned on the tv. Spinel was still wrestling with the bean bag. It was kind of cute. She knew the function but ignored my reply.

"So, um. Watcha wanna do?" She asked as she sat in it, finally.

I think for a minute tilting my head?

"Movie?" I asked.

"Movie?" She said confused.

"Yes, like what you see now on the screen but with a longer duration. Like a story telling moment. "

"OOH, Sure." She said.

"Mmkay, what should we watch then?"

"I dunno, you are the expert." She said, smiling back at me.

"Right. Okay what about conjuring?" I smiled back with an evil grin on my face.

"The what now?"

Of course she didn't know the conjuring. Haha, this was going to be interesting.

I might be half Spinel but I sure do love horror. Besides, the conjuring wasn't that scary to begin with.

On the other hand Spinel might not think otherwise. She doesn't know the genre either.

"You'll see."

I played the movie, and the start was already kicking in.

Spinel had her eyes glued to the tv. She was actually reading the words and the sound/music didn't really bother her.

*Halfway in the movie*

I was getting too glued into the movie as well that I had forgotten about Spinel.

I've seen this movie countless times, but it was just interesting to watch.

Finally, I took my awareness back to Spinel.

She was holding onto the bean bag on the sides and her face had a downfall to it. Couldn't tell if she was freaked out or she was just so centered into it.

By the end of the movie, she turned to see me.

"So, what did ya think?" I asked.

She just stared at me and then soon tears came out her eyes. She jumped from the bean bag and came crawling towards me in a big bear hug.

"Waaaah, why did you make me watch that! Is that an actual thing! Do humans go through that!!! Earth is scary!!!"

She wailed and hiccuped.

"Aww, no need to get scared. Although it centers on real events, I swear none of that has ever happened to me. Besides, it's like one in a million."

As I continued to explain how the ghost and paranormal stuff was not going to hit my house.

Night corned our surroundings. The lights were off, and my living room looked like a dungeon.

"Wha, what was that!" Spinel cried.

She wrapped herself all over me. Covering my face with her hands. She snuggled in closer to my neck, having her so close I could feel her breathing.

Huh? I wondered. I thought gems didn't need to breathe. Let alone I could actually feel air coming out of them.

"Hey, Spinel, move your hands a bit. I can't see anything." I groaned as I tried seeing my dungeon home.

"But it's all dark! How can you possibly see!" She cried out more.

"It's called having a bit of night vision on your side. Besides, it's not even that dark, you're just a bit spooked because of the movie."

I laughed making myself known to Spinel as I too hugged her back.

"Hey, look at me everything's okay. I'm here." I repeated.

"I'm here. I'm here."

Spinel nudged and tilted her head to me. Seeing me all right. She looked around scanning for any poltergeist I imagined.

"Yeah, nothing to be scared of. I'll protect ya-" She gulped, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I chuckled.

"Yes, my hero." I replied.

"Hey, it's pretty late now. I should go to bed."

"No-ah, no- uh. You ain't leaving me here all alone!" She said.

"All right but I need to be free first. That way I can guide you back up."

So she did just that. She un-wrapped herself from me. Holding me from behind like a little child afraid to meet a stranger she stepped herself upstairs.

"All right Spinel you can stop holding me so much. It's kinda hurting my shoulders a bit."

"Oh sorry- I just don't wanna be alone right now."

Mmm. That reply kind of made me feel a bit guilty. Then I remembered we just finished watching a horror movie so it kind of made sense.

"You are not alone. If you want you can hop right in."

Wait- shoot right in! Suddenly my mind flashes back to that moment earlier ago. With the sunset and the odd but sweet confession I had made to Spinel.

Spinel didn't say a peep. She was already inside the bedsheets shivering like she had a cold.

Man, note to self not to tell her there are more conjuring movies.

"Move a bit so I can get inside."

She moved out so I could get in as well. Without asking her she covered me in with my own blankets.

In a way it was nice not going to lie. I had always wondered what it felt like to have a sort of sleep over.

Steven, the crystal gems, and I would do them frequently before. But this just felt different.

Maybe because it was the first time, I was hosting it. To some degree, I guess.

I didn't budge too much.

"Hey, y/n" Spinel whispered.

"Yes?" I whispered back.

I was facing her; she was facing me. We were so close that if I swear our gems could be touching.

"Ya sure you don't have a cursed house." She whispered back.

"Haha, no I don't Spins."

"Alright. I'll mark yar word into it." She replied, turning around and hugging a plushie seal I

had.

A few minutes passed and I could sense her already asleep. I was a bit worried that she might wake up having a nightmare.

So, without even thinking about it I got closer and hugged her from behind.

Slowly, I too started to fall asleep.