Chapter 16

Breath in. Breath out. "Nothing's going to happen to me." Johnny thought to himself. It was just like he was on a movie set. He wasn't going to get hurt or worse, die. God, what if he died. "No, that's not going to happen." Johnny tries to calm himself. He knew he was spiralling.

He felt a drop of sweat start to roll down his face. He was happy Kenshi and the other's couldn't see his eyes due to the glasses. He was terrified.

He felt Shang's arm over his neck. There was something pointed onto Johnny's chest. It was sharp and skinny. He assumed it was a needle.

"Don't be stupid Tsung." Johnny heard his boyfriend speak in a serious tone. Johnny looked to Kenshi, he had Sento almost out of its holder, a blue glow coming from the sword. Cage then looked to the other two men, they were ready to fight.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt him if you listen." Shang Tsung tells them. "Why would we do that? You're surrounded by all of our allies." Kung Lao argues, soon getting a stern look from Raiden, telling him "shut up and do what he says." In a silent way.

The feeling of the needle on Johnny's chest scared him the most. He saw what it did to Baraka back in Outworld.

"What do you want?" Raiden asks, feeling his waist discreetly to make sure his amulet was there. "I just want to speak to Liu Kang." "Fine." Kenshi replies in a dead tone, putting Sento back slowly.

The arm on Johnny's neck slowly lowers, letting him lower his chin. Johnny runs to the other side of the conversation, standing next to Kenshi.

"Now to your end of the deal." Shang Tusng says, lowering the needle to his side. As Johnny saw how big it actually was. He was thankful it didn't actually penetrate his skin.

--

"Finally come to turn yourself in Tsung?" Liu Kang smirks as the Earthrealm defenders walk with the sorcerer to the god. "No I'll never do that, but I do need to talk with you." The Sorcerer tries to explain in a well mannered way. "And you thought the best way to contact me was to threaten one of my people?" Even without actual eyes, Liu Kang could stare daggers into you.

An awkward silence flew throughout the group. After getting a look from Liu Kang, The Earthrealm protectors decided to leave for another room.

"I'm truly sorry Cage." Raiden apologises. "Oh it's fine Raiden, It wasn't your fault." Johnny plays it off. "I wonder what he wants." Kung Lao chimes in. "I don't know, but it doesn't seem good." Kenshi replies, with a slightly angry look on his face. "Are you okay Ken-doll?" Johnny asks, noticing the anger on the swordsman's face. "Yeah, everything is fine." Kenshi coldly says back, staring down at the floor.

Truthfully Kenshi was annoyed. Not at Johnny, but at Shang Tsung. He just kept getting away with everything he could. Nothing was stopping him from killing Johnny right there. It was tiring.

--

About an hour later Liu Kang met back with the Earthrealm defenders. "What did Tsung want?" Raiden asks. "He had heard about your affliction Johnny, and wanted to study it." Liu Kang informs them. "You're not letting him though right?" Johnny asks with a worried tone in his voice. "Of course not, but he may come back for you, you need to stay vigilant, be on guard Johnny Cage." Liu Kang explains

--

Kenshi and Johnny were in the airport together. Johnny waited idly, his leg bouncing up and down. He fidgeted with his hands.

Johnny wore a black hoodie with the hood up and his glasses on. He was in public for the first time in a while and didn't want to be bombarded with fans at this time.

He was anxious. With the news from Liu Kang he was scared. Of course Johnny knew that he could beat Shang Tsung in a fight, but he felt weak. His treatment was exhausting and already anxiety inducing as it was. How did Shang Tsung even get to Earthrealm in the first place?

"Cage, I tried, but they're making me come in." Kenshi comes back to Johnny, sitting beside him. "Yeah, it's fine, don't worry about it." Johnny replies. "You sure?" Kenshi asks. "Yeah, your family needs help, so help them." Johnny smiles. "I'll call you when my plane lands." He adds on, putting his hand on Kenshi's shoulder.

---

Johnny spent his whole flight alone with his thoughts. "What if he's on this plane?" Johnny's eyes go from seat to seat. Yes, he flew first class, but Tsung could have been anywhere. Johnny didn't want to fight on a plane, this wasn't one of his movies, it was real life.

And Kenshi. He didn't want to bother Kenshi with all of this at first and still didn't want to. I mean, just today Kenshi was trying to call into his work, which was so important to him. Kenshi's family was important and they needed to be freed. That's all getting delayed just because Johnny was dumb one night in a fight.

Kenshi's flight didn't go well either. Yes he was glad to get back to Washington and see how the OIA and FBI were doing, but he truly cared for Johnny. Johnny was in danger, yet Kenshi still had to go into work. It was dumb to him, Kenshi had been getting a lot of work done from LA, and there was progress being made, but yet he still had to go into work. He couldn't even text Johnny to see how his flight was. He wished Shang wasn't following Johnny. And Kenshi even knew Johnny could beat him in a fight, but Kensi knew the actor was tired and stressed.