Chapter 14

The first couple days of Johnny's hospital visit were hard. It took his body a little bit to get used to. The medicine made him tired and his body ached, but all of it was better than experiencing the true pain of Tarkat. His Outworld health team also put him on painkillers.

The painkillers that Outworld doctor's used were very different from the ones he was used to from Earthrealm. Yes Johnny needed to take them in a pill form, but they were different. Outworld used more magic in their medicine instead of more pharmaceutical methods.

His health team consisted of one doctor and a couple of nurses that switched during their shifts. All of them were nice and they put up with his not wanting help and all of his friends coming in. In fact, Kung Lao and Raiden came to visit every so often. But Kenshi stayed the most.

Ever since Johnny and Kenshi had started seeing each other a couple of weeks ago, Kenshi was always around when he could. He slept in Johnny's room on a side couch majority of the time. It wasn't a comfortable couch, but it worked for Kenshi. He wanted to be there to support Johnny in any way he could. The swordsman knew that Johnny was going through a much tougher time than himself.

"Ken-doll?" Johnny asked from the hospital bed. "Yeah Cage?" Kenshi responds, looking up from his book.

Kenshi used Sento to read all the time. It was a guilty pleasure of his and even Sento enjoyed it.

"What are you reading?" Johnny asks, looking over to the Swordsman. "Just some action book, I saw it in a lost and found on Earth Realm." Kenshi tells Johnny, smiling a little. "What's it about?" Johnny asks, seeming actually interested. "This guy has to fight his way through a bunch of his enemies to realise his true self." Kenshi explains. "Sounds cool." Johnny chuckles.

Just as Johnny was about to ask more about the book, there was a knock on the door. Johnny's nurse comes in with a visitor, it was Chuck. He held a card in his left hand. Chuck wore glasses inside the hospital and a black suit and tie. He looked like a stereotypical FBI agent even to Kenshi, the actual FBI agent.

"How are you Chuck?" Johnny smiles, finding it weird he came to visit Johnny in the hospital and in Outworld at that. "And how did you get here?" Johnny adds on before Chuck can even get a word in. "I have my ways, Cage." Chuck smiles back. "How are you Johnny?" Chuck quickly changes the subject, sitting down in the spare chair beside Johnny's bed

Johnny was tired of people asking this question. They knew he lied each time. He was in pain and didn't want to be reminded of it each time he had a conversation.

"What do you think?" Slipped out of Johnny's mouth. He didn't mean to give the poor PR agent any attitude, but he didn't think before he spoke.

"Sorry Chuck, I didn't mean to say that." Johnny said embarrassed. "It's okay Cage. I wanted to talk to you about something though." Chuck says back in a more serious voice, putting the card down. "What is it?" Johnny asks. "Fans are starting to notice your disappearance. You didn't go to the Ninja Priest 5 debut screening." Chuck sighs. "Do you want me to tell them about my Tarkat? I feel like people wouldn't believe me." Johnny questions back. "Maybe don't say specifically Tarkat, but you can say something about being sick with a disease, just don't specify which one." Chuck tries to explain. "We can make a video." He adds. "From a hospital bed?" Johnny query's with a salty tone to his voice, again not on purpose.

"Can you walk?" Chuck asks. "Yeah, but I'm pretty weak." Johnny sighs. "Maybe we can go outside?" Chuck tried to persuade. "Fine, but you need to figure out what I'm going to say." "For once in your life you don't know what to say." chuck jokes, getting a small laugh out of the two other men in the room.

—-

Johnny, Kenshi, and Chuck go outside and make Johnny stand in front of a basic wall on the side of the building. The wall looked like one you could see in Earthrealm, so they were fine. Chuck held up his phone in front of Johnny.

Just as Johnny opens his mouth to speak to the camera, Chuck interrupts him. "Wait! Take my jacket, they would be able to see your hospital clothing if you don't wear it." Chuck puts his phone on the ground for a second while he takes off his blazer, throwing it to the actor. "Thanks Chuck." Johnny smiles back.

Chuck holds his phone back up, giving Johnny the thumbs up to start talking.

"Hello everyone." Johnny smiles, trying to be energetic for his fans, but knowing he has to be serious. "You've probably been wondering where I've been and I'm here to say I'll still be gone for a little while." He continues, Johnny's smile getting smaller. "I have recently taken in an illness, so I need some time to heal." Johnny smiles again, but this time it was more of a sincere gesture. "And there is no need to worry, I'll be back to my old self soon." Chuck stops the recording.

"That was good Cage, thank you. I'll get this out on all social media platforms soon." Chuck walks away from the other two. "That was good Johnny, I'm sure it will go over well." Kenshi tells him, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Yeah." Johnny agrees, sighing.

Truthfully Johnny was worried about telling all of his fans. He worried that people wouldn't believe him. Worried people would call him weak. Worried people would throw him out like the trash when he was deemed worthless. He needed to calm down, all of his thoughts were racing through his head fast. It gave Johnny a headache. He needed to breathe. Deep breath in, deep breathe out.