II

-Recap-

After what felt like an eternity of waiting to leave, it was time for Tanjiro to leave. She bid farewell to her family and set off.

-End of recap- 

After the long ride, Muichiro and Giyuu arrived at the college.

The two went to the front desk to know which dorm Muichiro's may be.

"Room C-258. It's on the third floor." the receptionist answered and gave Muichiro the key.
They thanked her and went to the elevator.

'What kind of roommate will I have...?' Muichiro wondered. Giyuu tapped her shoulder, earning a flinch from Muichiro. But succeeding in snapping Muichiro from her thoughts.

They eventually found her room and began unpacking what little items Muichiro had.

Once finished, Giyuu bid his farewells, leaving Muichiro alone. She took some time to explore the  dorm. It was better to explore now, seeing as she'll be living there for the rest of the school year.

It was a small dorm, though there was still a good amount of space. It was more than enough for Muichiro. At least her roommate will have some extra space.

Muichiro sat down on her new bed and grabbed a book. It was a manga about people who kill man-eating demons. One of the characters looked like her if she was a boy. Muichiro found the protagonist to be someone she would date. If she liked guys that is...

Muichiro was reading book 16 when she heard the sound of a key opening the door. 'who might it be...?' she wondered.
-・-・-・-・-・-・-・-・-・

-With Tanjiro approximately 17 minutes before the previous events-

-・-・-・-・-・-・-・-・-・
'Almost there...' she thought. Tanjiro had been driving for about an hour and was ready to just get there already. Girls by Girl in Red came on and Tanjiro started singing along. Girl in Red was her favorite artist and was listening to her music during the drive.

After driving for another 15 minutes, she finally arrived at the school. Tanjiro parked her car in the student parking and entered the building. Tanjiro went to the desk and asked the receptionist for her room.

"Hello miss. My name is Kamado Tanjiro. Which room is mine?" the receptionist started typing Tanjiro's name into the computer before finding her name and informing Tanjiro of the room. "You are in room C-258 on the third floor. Your roommate should be there already." the receptionist handed the key to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro thanked her before going off to find her room. Tanjiro entered the elevator and pressed the button with the three on it. Once on the third floor, Tanjiro walked down the hall, looking for room 258. All of the rooms on the third floor had a "C" before the number. Likewise, the rooms on the first floor had an "A" and the ones on the second floor had a "B". 

Tanjiro found her room and inserted the key. With a click, the door opened.

-・-・-・-・-・-・-・-・-・

Muichiro and Tanjiro looked over at each other, locking eyes. It was silent between the two for almost a minute before Tanjiro broke it. "It's nice to meet you. Though, I didn't think that they would put people of two different genders in one room."

Muichiro looked confused before realizing. "Oh. Um... I'm actually a girl. I just look like a boy. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused."

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have assumed! Please forgive me!" Tanjiro frantically apologized, feeling embarrassed for assuming Muichiro's gender and getting it wrong. Muichiro was startled by the sudden outburst and flinched when Tanjiro's voice slightly raised during the embarrassed apology. "It's alright. People do that all the time. You needn't worry about it." Tanjiro finally calmed herself and sat down on the bed parallel to Muichiro's.